"Send a File" link blocked by financial institutions

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Emailed "Send a File" links to a couple of financial institutions and they were not able to access the link. It appears as though something on their end is blocking their access. Is this a common problem with financial institutions? Are there any fixes for this? It is working fine with other clients.
Photo of Maria

Maria

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ashlee Burch

Ashlee Burch

• 676 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Maria,
Unfortunately we aren't able to control what's being blocked on the receivers end. We do have options, however, to change the domain for your ShareFile account to something like 'company.citrixdata.com' instead of 'company.sharefile.com'. 

You can make this request with our support team at 1-800-441-3453.

I hope this helps!
Photo of Jordan Berkley

Jordan Berkley

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Maria

Ashlee is 100% correct that we aren't able to control what's being blocked on the receivers end. Changing the ShareFile account to citrixdata may (or may not) solve the problem.  However, I would very much like to follow up with you; and, ideally, learn the specific institutions where the recipients could not access the link so that I might contact them.  I am on a mission to understand this problem and see if we can't help improve this situation for our customers who are having similar challenges.
Photo of George Andresen

George Andresen

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a problem with TD Ameritrade.  They will not allow access to our sharefile links either.
Photo of Maria

Maria

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jordan,

The following couldn't access the link: Scotia Private Client, RBC and HSBC.

Thanks,

Maria
Photo of Jordan Berkley

Jordan Berkley

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Maria.  Do you know what cities these banks are in?
Photo of Maria

Maria

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
In the London, Ontario area.
Photo of Mark Fast

Mark Fast

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
RBC is being difficult for us as well.  They are the largest bank in Canada.
Photo of Susan

Susan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've had several issues with folks saying the link I've sent them doesn't work.  The Division of Motor Vehicles in Richmond, Virginia and several doctor's offices in Richmond, Va.  The DMV even got their IT department involved, and they couldn't figure it out.  I'm back to burning CDs. 

(Edited)
Photo of Jacob Zimmerman

Jacob Zimmerman

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm dealing with a major media client in the UK who has the same problem, and says their corp it team is 'inflexible.'  Do we know if this is the result of getting on to some standard blacklist, like Barracuda or something?
Photo of Daniel Slagle

Daniel Slagle

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having the same issue with banks in Ohio, specifically PNC, but others have had issues with accessing the links too.
Photo of Carly

Carly

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Blue Shield of California cannot open.  Neither can Crump Insurance out of Sacramento.  This is a huge problem for me as these are institutions where I need to send data wtih ss numbers and other sensitive information. 
Photo of Roger

Roger

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have been blocked by TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank and BMO.  All are banks with headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  If you can contact them and explain how secure Sharefile actually is, that would be appreciated.