Api call https://account.sf-api.com/sf/v3/Users?ifNecessary returns 403 error

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
Since august 3 the API calls from our application fail intermittently with the api call https://account.sf-api.com/sf/v3/Users?ifNecessary with a return code 403. 
Before that there was no issue with this since first implenting sharefile in our solution. 

It seems the calls fail with users that already exist. New users seem to be fine. 

As far as we know nothing change. There were no software changes our side. Also we didn't change anything in share file. 

Since the issue is there for some time now things are getting pretty urgent. So pls help us find out what's wrong and how to fix it 

Thanks,
Silvia
Photo of Silvia Apeldoorn- van Roozendaal

Silvia Apeldoorn- van Roozendaal

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Eliezer Encarnacion

Eliezer Encarnacion, Official Rep

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Hi Silvia, 

I'll be glad to help with this. Could you provide me with the following info:

* What is the HTTP Method used for this call?
* What is the failure response you're getting from the API? If you can please include the error message and response status it would be great?
* What is your account subdomai?
* A time window where one or more of these errors happened.

Feel free to include this info in a text file and upload it here: https://eliezeren.sharefile.com/r-rd3fe417152949b28

Thank you!
Eli

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Eli,

The method = Users?ifNecessary
Failure response status = 403. Message = You are not authorized to perform this operation. reason = NotAuthorized
subdomain = sanquin-nl
These errors happen intermittently since august 3th. It looks like it fails when a user already exists. But it runs fine when the user is new. 

I will also send you an excel with our logging. It logs the results it gets from the api calls. 

Regards,
Silvia

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Hi Silvia,

Just wanted to confirm that a fix for the issue has been approved and staged for release. It should be available to you no later than next Friday 9/7 barring any issues with the release. I'll let you know if that date changes.

Thanks,
Eli

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Eli,

We still get the forbidden error. How can i get confirmation exactly when the fix is released? 

Thanks,
Silvia

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Hi Silvia,

We do a slow rolling update over the course of a week or so. Looking at our release calendar looks like the date for full release has been pushed to mid next week, so you'll get the fix between now and then. Since the process is randomized, there's no way to know for sure when your account will be updated. For now we'll just continue waiting until the new release is complete.

Thanks,
Eli

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Silvia,

Our release is completed and the fix is available to you now. Let me know if the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Eli
(Edited)

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Eli,

Looks like it is working now :) 
Thanks,
Silvia