Attachments fail to insert Outlook 2010 ShareFile plugin, random multiple builds

• Problem
  • Updated 2 days ago
  • (Edited)
We have been having random issues with ShareFile and Outlook 2010, has happened for at least the past 4 builds of the Outlook plugin... Randomly someone will report they can not insert attachments, the behavior is using the attach button will bring up the file chooser, you select you file and instead of it adding to the message nothing happens, no error, if you repeat same issue.

I know its ShareFile related because while you are having this issue you can disable the ShareFile add-on and the problem is immediately cleared on next attempt to insert.  If you re-enable the add-in problem is back, this is until outlook is restarted. 

We use Windows 7 x64 with Office 2010 32-bit...
Photo of Derek

Derek

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Derek

Derek

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Why is there no Outlook category option for the post?  I have all other options except Files for Outlook ;-(
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Glenn

Kevin Glenn, Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 156 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Derek,

We're currently in the process of renaming our desktop tools to Citrix Files for Windows, Mac, and Outlook. The category you're looking for is this one: https://community.sharefilesupport.com/citrixsharefile/categories/citrixsharefile_outlook_plug_in
Photo of Derek

Derek

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I can see the section, but what i am saying is that when I created my post, there was no Outlook category to choose from... so i had to pick other...
Photo of Kevin Glenn

• 156 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Derek,

Would these messages happen to be saved as a draft prior to attaching the files?
Photo of Derek

Derek

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I will have to follow-up with a user that reported this today and get back to you.
Photo of Derek

Derek

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I spoke with 2 people this happened to today for and neither was a message saved in drafts.
Photo of Douglas Goodman

Douglas Goodman, Employee

• 71 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Hi Derek - This may be related to another known issue affecting attachments. We will have a fix for this in the next release, 6.2.

-Doug
Photo of Douglas Goodman

• 71 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
You may have an older version. Can you please look here:
C:\Users\{{username}}\AppData\Roaming\ShareFile\Outlook
Photo of Jenny Weeks

Jenny Weeks

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I sent you what I see in my local folder, and then I also have saved a screenshot for you of what I see under the roaming/sharefile/outlook folder.
Photo of Douglas Goodman

• 71 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Jenny - Can you send me the log.txt file? That's the one that would help the most.
Also, please upgrade to the latest version (6.1) and try again. And delete the settings.cfg file and each of the temp folders before upgrading.
Photo of Jenny Weeks

Jenny Weeks

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I ran the update, and that seemed to resolve the issue.  Thank you!
Photo of Douglas Goodman

• 71 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
That's great! I'm glad it's working for you now.
Photo of Derek

Derek

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Now that 6.2 is officially released I will roll-out to everyone and report back if the attachment issues at random continue.

-Derek
Photo of Derek

Derek

• 13 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
The one user I installed the test build on has not reported that issue since, so hoping its corrected.
Photo of Kevin Glenn

• 156 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Derek,

Thanks so much for letting us know, we're glad to hear the results are good thus far! Just let us know if any users continue to experience the issue on the current build.