Be aware of random sync errors in Sync for Windows also in 3.17.111.0 version - still not solved

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
We are experiencing errors with overwritten files by older versions. Business-critical files can be overwritten by older versions. As it took weeks to get proper support I want to post this as a warning.

In Sync for Windows release notes verison 3.17.111.0 citrix informed about "Old versions overwriting newer versions" and "MD5 conflict re-uploading previous version instead of downloading new version".
This is so much of a key function to a sync application that I am surprised about not to hear more rumours about. Maybe not many users are relying on ShareFile?

We hat to notice that the random overwriting is still happening ever after updating to 3.17.111.0 - be aware.
We see us forced to move to a reliable product/company asap.

Good luck
Photo of Claudio Ammann

Claudio Ammann

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • insecure using ShareFile Sync.

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Leo

Leo, Official Rep

• 346 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Hi Claudio,

Thank you for letting us know that you still have a problem with older files being overwritten.  

Is the "current" file on the cloud the correct version when it happened?

If yes, have you submitted logs from the computer downloading the wrong version with "Report an Issue?"

If no, have you submitted logs from the computer uploading the wrong version to the cloud with "Report an Issue?"

-Leo
Photo of Claudio Ammann

Claudio Ammann

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Leo, thanks for the reply. Yes, I did open a case using Report an issue and I am looking forward to the findings coming up.

Kind regards

Claudio
Photo of Anna

Anna, Employee

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Claudio, 

I need additional information to find the issue reported by you:
- When did you report this issue?
- Do you have a confirmation code (it appeared in a confirmation window after you reported an issue)? 
If not, what is your company's sharefile url?

Anna.
Photo of Leo

Leo, Official Rep

• 346 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Hi Anna,

We've got that for you.  :)  

-Leo
Photo of Leo

Leo, Official Rep

• 346 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Hi Claudio,

You may have been reached out to already by the engineer, but developers determined and confirmed the logic reproducing what was indicated in your logs, and this will be fixed.

-Leo
Photo of Claudio Ammann

Claudio Ammann

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Leo, thanks for the notice. I did not get any confirmation from the engineer yet.

We are attending the fix.

Claudio
Photo of dawn

dawn

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

My company have experienced within the last month or so, that older versions of files suddenly replaces the newest saved version as 'current version'.

This is a catastrophy! I have written to support, but i have still not had a propper responce.

It is such a core and vital part of a cloud/sync servis that the useres can trust that they are opening the latest version of a file, so we are desperate. 

What is happening on this matter. Is it being solved? What can we do? Anybody knows?

Dawn
Photo of dawn

dawn

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
 SFSUPPORT-149326
efterskoleforeningen.sharefile.com
(Edited)