Change default download view from showing document thumbnails to list view

• Idea
  • Updated 5 days ago
After we got upgraded, suddenly our clients  see our listed files as thumbnails instead of the list view.
I know you can change the view by clicking a button,  but our clients and customers dont see that and dont know about it and have a hard time finding the correct file. 
Notice we dont share documents where this would be useful....  we share files that have certain version numbers. This means that when in "Thumbnail preview", only a part of the name is visible. And that name is same for all files.  So our clients dont know what to download.

When files are listed instead, it is easy to distinguish them.  You can compare it to Windows Folder browsing, where "Detailed" view is chosen. Making it easy to browse long lists of files. 

Can you make it so we can choose the list view as default?   I talked to Sharefile Support and they are saying it is not possible. 
Photo of Marko

Marko

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steve W

Steve W

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Marko, I was able to right click on the bar to the left of the view (after I changed the view to list view) and right click and click save as.  I saved that HTML file to my desktop in both List format and Thumbnail format and was able to switch in between both of them.  This means that you should be able to default to List by saving the list format HTML file to your desktop.  Just double click on it to open in list view.

Photo of Mark Wagner

Mark Wagner

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

This change from list views to thumbnails with truncated file names is also a problem for my company, and we also want to be able to default back to list view for our customers. If Citrix cannot give us the option of choosing the list view as default, they should revert their default back to displaying list view.

For us, this is especially troubling when we use the "Share>>Get a link" option to send sets of files. When these links are opened they always revert to displaying as thumbnails, no matter how many times the "remember me" option is selected for accessing the link, and list view is selected after opening the link.

Photo of Steve W

Steve W

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yeah, same here.  Just right click and save as.  This is a way to get around it by creating a ShareFile icon HTML shortcut on your desktop or wherever you choose.
Photo of Marko

Marko

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,  thank for the input, but the problem is not myself or others who are aware of it. Problem is with the external clients or distand employees who dont use Sharefile regulary.  That would be too much of a workaround to even explain.  
And we cannot expect people to have 15 HTML shortcuts for the links that are in use. 

My point is that it should be fairly easy to default to list view. Just one setting somewhere.  Best would be to put it when you create the link, so you can shoose the default that fits the files. 
Photo of Steve W

Steve W

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Got it.  Definitely a +1 in the desired improvements area
Photo of Chris Spurling

Chris Spurling

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is this going to be considered for a future release? The default should be list view or at least be configurable.
Photo of erichompe

erichompe

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How about it, Sharefile? Years are going by!!!!!