Changing the local disk (Harddrive) from default Sharefile Sync location

• Question
  • Updated 1 day ago
I have been using Sharefile since 2017 and was previously able to select the local disk that stored my Sharefile offline sync. I cannot figure out how to select a location on a partitioned internal hard drive for the Big-3 SF folders: Favorites, Personal Folders, Shared Folders. 

Citrix Files.app now ( April 2019) seems to allow me to keep files on my desktop computer by selecting "Enable offline access" but where are they? and how do I move them to another location drive/partition?

The previous link to the files on my local hard drive was severed in the update from Sharefile.app to Citrixfiles.app, and I would like to re-link the files on the Mac with the files in the cloud, having them in both places. If re-linking is not possible I'd like to establish a new linked online set of Big-3 SF folders again.

I have a feeling the current "offline access" files are defaulting to my System drive, which is not optimal.

I'm on a iMac Pro using High Sierra 10.13.6 MacOS, using Sharefile Sync and Citrix Files.app 4.6.340
Photo of Stephen Schafer

Stephen Schafer

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Kyle Castellon

Kyle Castellon

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Stephen,
Thanks for reaching out to us. Regarding your previous implementation of ShareFile the upgrade to Citrix Files should not have impacted the ShareFile.app in any way which did support this functionality. The upgrade updated the ShareFileDesktop.app which did not support this use case.

Currently Citrix Files will download your synced files and keep them within the "Citrix Files" directory that we create. Ensuring the files are up to date in that location and available for offline use. There is no functionality at this time to change the location of our cache, but will take this feedback and discuss it with our product management team for possibly providing this use case in the future.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Kyle Castellon
Photo of Stephen Schafer

Stephen Schafer

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Kyle,
Is it possible to delete Citrix Files (and associated offline cache on my system disc) and reload the old Sharefile app that allowed me to create and move the offline files and Big-3 folders to other drives and partitions on my Mac?

My situation being that: If I were to have all the files in my Cytrix cache set for offline access, then it would completely fill (overfill) my system disc and effectively kill my computer.

One of the reasons I was previously so happy with Sharefile is it did exactly what I needed it to do, and now it appears it doesn't because of an upgrade. 
Photo of Kyle Castellon

Kyle Castellon

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Stephen, absolutely! If you wish to uninstall Citrix Files for mac and install the old Sync for mac app then you can follow these steps:

1) Expand the dashboard for the Citrix Files for Mac app by clicking on the icon in the menu bar.
2) Click on the menu button represented by the '. . .'
3) Click on the "Help" menu option
4) Click on "Uninstall Citrix Files" option

This will uninstall the app for you

To install the Sync for mac app, please click on the "Apps" option from the dashboard after logging in to the Citrix Files web application. From there you can download the Sync tool which should be located toward the bottom of the page.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can help you with.