Citrix Breach - What does it mean specifically?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Hello, my business has been using Citrix for the past 2 years. I recently came to learn through Forbes that Citrix experienced a major security breach:

"Citrix has admitted that "international cyber criminals" had “intermittent access” to its internal network for around five months: from October 13 2018 to March 8 2019."

I am deeply concerned and have several questions that I have not been able to locate any answers to on Citrix' help forum:

1) What is the extent of the breach as it relates to Citrix clients? 

2) Should I assume that all my files have been breached and that personal information of my employees and my clients have been exposed?

3) Why hasn't Citrix notified me by email of the breach? Why am I learning about the breach from an article on Forbes? 

4) What is being done to prevent this from occurring again? 

Like a majority of modern day business owners, we are reliant on cloud-based services for sharing data and files securely and in real time among authorized people. While I do like many of the features found on Citrux ShareFile and my team is comfortable using this platform, this recent security breach has created tremendous concerns about Citrix. I am also disappointed that I was not notified about this breach from Citrix. 
Photo of jrob911

jrob911

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated and concerned

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Marques Deane

Marques Deane, Technical Support Engineer

• 119 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes