Citrix Files Causes Other Programs to Crash

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago

Just wondering if anyone had found a solution that stops Citrix Files from crashing other programs? We started seeing this with a variety of software programs (Word, Excel, etc.) where the program would (seemingly) randomly close with no error message.  It look me a while to put it together but finally realized Citrix Files was the culprit.  Specifically, it will cause programs to crash when they bring up the File Explorer window (such as when browsing for files to open or upload, or when carrying out a "Save As" operation.)

I reported the issue to support in December 2018 and after waiting several months it was supposedly fixed in version 4.5.30 (now version 4.5.31).  The issue is still not corrected, 4 months later.

We kept using DriveMapper for as long as we could but since it will be at end of life as of next week that solution no longer works.  We are currently keeping most users on Citrix Files version 4.2.70 since it does not have the crashing issue.  Fortunately I found out how to disable the aggressive pop-up windows about updating versions.  But sooner or later we will have to address this a different way, hopefully with a solution from Citrix. 

Photo of SF Administrator

SF Administrator

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson

• 373 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
SF Administrator, have you opened a support case yet with this information as well as providing logs when the issue occurs? if so, can you provide the case number here? 

SF Administrator

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes I have.  Case #78604727
Photo of Frank Scheide

Frank Scheide

• 18 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Is that problem solved in 4.6.39 (current version)?

SF Administrator

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a user testing this new version and so far, so good.  I have hesitant to move all users away from 4.2.70 until we confirm this has been fixed but the initial results are promising.

SF Administrator

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just went to the download page for CF and now they are back to 4.6.34.  It was 4.6.39 as of last week.  Obviously they are still having problems with this utility. 
Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson

• 373 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Try again, we've been having issues with that dl url lately. I just tested it though and its pointing to .39 again. Alternatively, you can also download directly via dl.sharefile.com/cfwin

SF Administrator

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Chris - are there known issues with 4.6.34?
Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson

• 373 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Yes, we found an issue with the offline access beta on .34, when it was an opt in canary (meaning mostly internal accounts but a few external accounts/those that downloaded via the download URL the day of the release) so we deployed the .39 as a hotfix for it.