Citrix Files for Windows installation

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago

Is there a possibility to get the Citrix Files for Windows installation file as 64-bit MSI file?
Photo of Frank Scheide

Frank Scheide

• 18 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Director, Product Engineering

• 188 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Frank,

Currently we have only EXE but we can look at providing MSI in future. Are you looking for remote deployment as the use case? If so, what tool are you using? 

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Frank Scheide

Frank Scheide

• 18 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Prabhat, 

yes, we want to deploy Citrix Files with Microsoft Intune. For this reason, we need an MSI file because Intune to my knowledge can only handle MSI files.

Best Regards
Frank

Photo of Martijn Spiegelenberg

Martijn Spiegelenberg

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hi,

I'm also waiting for the .msi release for distibution through intune.

Regards, Martijn

Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

• 188 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Thanks for the feedback Martin/Frank. We are working on it and targeting to provide msi packages with the next release - v4.4 of CFWin. 

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Frank Scheide

Frank Scheide

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Prabhat,

when will v4.4 released or when can we get a beta version?
Photo of Seo

Seo

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Prabhat,

I'm also waiting for msi file, and I know that v4.4 was released on Dec 10. So when can I get the file?
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

• 188 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Thanks Seo. Noted.

Regret that we could not get the msi available with v4.4 but are actively working on it. It’s one of the top priority and should be made available in one of the near future release as we address few remaining work to have the msi support.

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Ronnie

Ronnie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I see that v4.5 (https://www.citrix.com/downloads/sharefile/clients-and-plug-ins/citrix-files-for-windows.html) has been released but still no msi? Could you provide an update please?

Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

• 188 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Yeah Ronnie, unfortunately it did not make it in v4.5 as well. Hoping to have it out in the next release. 

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Ronnie

Ronnie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. Do you have an idea of roughly when the next release will be available?
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

• 188 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
It’s targeted before end of April. Can you please reach out on CFWin.feedback@citrix.com. We would like to know your remote deployment tool, and if you are interested we can provide early preview for testing.

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Frank Scheide

Frank Scheide

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Our remote deployment tool is called RealmJoin from Glück&Kanja. We use this, because we want to use the same technology as Intune until Intune is able to deliver this. With RealmJoin we can deploy MSI Files (with a trick also exe-Files), PowerShell commands and processing orders. Unfortunately no Microsoft Group Policies, so we have to set the GPO Settings from CitrixFiles with Registry Kies.  
Your are welcome with a early preview release for testing.

Cheers
Frank