Clients Unable to Login. Looped back

• Problem
  • Updated 6 days ago
V3. In the past week we have been getting client calls when they are notified of folder uploads they go to login and it just sends back to login. When we go in and look at folder access they show logged in. Very bizarre. Using the API to create users, upload, assign to folders, etc... Is it something here or elsewhere?
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Eliezer Encarnacion

Eliezer Encarnacion, Official Rep

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Chris,

If I understand correctly, the issue you report is that when clients click a notification link and log in, they are redirected back to the login page?

Eli
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes. It happened a lot last week and periodically it happens then resolves. Trying to find the common denominator. We could see them as logged in but they were not. Is it a cookie issue possibly?
Photo of Eliezer Encarnacion

Eliezer Encarnacion, Official Rep

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
I'm guessing it is a cookie issue. I will open a ticket so we can investigate this internally. 
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Issue still persists but narrowed it down to Chrome. I think you are clashing with SAML or somewhere. I had to write a manual on how to Incognito and clear cookies for clients but wish didn't have to do this. Always during upgrades ;) I get it. FYI, some clients appear to be West Coast so if there is a time diff not sure. Just trying to help.
Photo of Lokitha

Lokitha, Employee

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Official Response

If you are unable to login to your account, open yourdomain.sharefile.com and click the Forgot password link.

Refer to CTX238137 - Unable to login to My ShareFile Account, Password Not Working for more details.

Citrix identified some unusual logins to certain Citrix ShareFile (aka. Citrix Content Collaboration) user accounts. We are requiring a password reset for all non-SSO accounts. Upon logging into ShareFile, users will no longer be able to use their old password. They will have received an email providing a link to reset their password.

For more details on the recent password policy change, refer to Citrix forces password reset to protect against credential stuffing