cloud-to-cloud backup

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
What is everyone doing to backup their ShareFile cloud-based content to other cloud-based storage sites - Azure, S3 for example? I need a copy of everything in some other cloud. I don't write scripts and would like some product that does an automatic incremental backup of my ShareFile content on a daily basis. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Photo of Don

Don

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ken Holmes

Ken Holmes

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I second this requirement. I have recently moved my filing system into ShareFile as a Team subscriber and I'm a little nervous about relying on Citrix to do my backups for me. An Internet search hasn't come up with anything yet so I'm looking at copying all the folders to an external hard disk every week via ShareFile Sync - not ideal.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We have a dedicated server just for this, and unfortunately it's the only realiable way I've been able to find.
We have been backing up from the server to Crashplan, but since their recent announcement to close down their home plans, and their business plan doesn't support p2p, I am looking at other options. Probably going with Synology to provide a local backup and their Cloud Sync to backup to an alternative cloud provider.
There is a provider (Zapier?) that will transfer ShareFile files to another cloud storage, but you need to provide them your account details which I wasn't keen to do.
Photo of SW

SW

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi We are running ShareFIle Cloud also for multiple customers as CSP provider. We really need a backup solution. Now you can perm delete data without being able to restore! Anyone have a solution for this?
(Edited)
Photo of Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Following...
We came over from box.com, and like SF a lot. Not having a backup/sync to NAS or cloud isn't inline with 2018...
Photo of Bobby Kann

Bobby Kann

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has anyone come up with a solid solution for backing up ShareFile Online?
Photo of Reuven

Reuven

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
A solution I've been using:
Install Dropbox, Google drive or any other cloud sync solution on a PC. After installation, create a folder called "ShareFile" under the cloud folder (so you have D:\Dropbox\ShareFile for instance).
Install ShareFile sync. When asked for sync location, choose the ShareFile folder that you created earlier.

Now, everything in ShareFile will be synced to your second cloud service as well as to ShareFile.

Good luck!
Photo of SW

SW

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
This solution is not workable if you are a service provider with multiple sharefile customers.
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Also not workable if you have multiple terabytes of data, need a solution to sync to a NAS.
Photo of Virginia Stallings

Virginia Stallings

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Following