Continued error: Exceeded Maximum Number of Download requests for this file

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago

Multiple recipients to files I am sending via ShareFile are getting an error message that says  "Error You have exceed the maximum number of downloads requests for this file. Suggested resolution: Please try again later"

I have been trying to send the same file(s) repeatedly over the last 2 days and the recipient gets the same error message EVERY time, whether I send 1 file or 20+ files. What is going on???

It's TAX SEASON, this really needs to be working!

Company: QuickBooks Consultant

User: qbrescue@comcast.net

Outlook version: Outlook 2010 (14.0.0.7229) Plugin version: build 2.1.32 OS version: Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 .NET version: 2.0.50727.8800

Photo of Karen Cook

Karen Cook

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Douglas Goodman

Douglas Goodman, Sr. Software Engineer

• 99 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Karen - It seems that you are using an extremely outdated version of the plug-in. The latest release is version 6.3. Can you please uninstall your current version and install the newest version (or contact your admin to update it) and retry? Also after updating, please check your settings by clicking the Options button in the main Outlook ribbon. There you will find a setting for the number of downloads allowed for a shared file. Make sure it is not set to a number lower than you need.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Doug
(Edited)