Data differences between Web app and Citrix Files for Windows

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
I've noticed that changes made via the Web App or Citrix Files for Windows are not immediately reflected in the other. So, for example, If I copy a large amount of data via copy from local drive to the "mapped" Citrix drive, those files do not show up immediately or even soon. Sometimes it takes hours, but, if you browse in the Mapped drive they are there. Another example, if a folder name is changed in the Web app, it does not change in the mapped drive for quite a long time. This is going to cause data integrity issues for sure. Does anyone else have this problem? I can seem to get hold of support, and feeling like an idiot for buying a product that has no support!
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of LS

LS

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I hear ya.... I've been told by support that changes should be immediate in both, but we have also found that there is an unpredictable lag time between what we see on the mapped drives compared to what we see immediately on the Web app.  I feel like a fool given that we have had to accept it and haven't gotten any good solutions in the past.  We also experience considerable latency issues after 5pm.  I'm the contact person, and have trouble mimicking the same issues because it's so spotty.  The employees here don't have time to sit on the phone with support because of their workloads. Sometimes it's short-lived and other times it's so bad that people give up and log out for the night.  Nothing else has changed behind the scenes with our system other than switching to sharefile.  Why did our old file sharing system work, and this doesn't??