decrypt messages in my sent items so I can see them after I cancel Sharefile

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
We are moving onto an other built in email encryption system, Proofpoint.  No longer need Sharefile, about to cancel account.  But I noticing that the emails in my sent items folder does NOT show the subject/body contact w/o porting to the Sharefile website.  This will no longer work once we cancel the account (which is coming to almost $1220/3 month period for the users we have).  I am looking for a way to get the encryption keys for each user to 'unlock' the encrypted messages in each paid users' Outlook Sent files so that they can see the full contacts from their outlook (we own these emails, not Sharefile).  Due to the nature of our business, we have to keep these files for 7 years.  At this point, there seems to be only three options, keep paying the licencing and not be product any more (waste of $), manually go to each user, find the encrypted emails and somehow download each email (which I am not sure will hold in court since at that point the are 'edited') or hopefully have a solution from your developing team on this (as requested above)
Photo of Normand Bergeron

Normand Bergeron

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Pratik Somanagoudar

Pratik Somanagoudar, Software Engineer

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Normand,

Sorry to hear that you would be cancelling your account. For downloading the emails and data, Citrix ShareFile does offer requesting for physical copy of the data. Our support should be able to help you with this request. You can mention that you require Encrypted Emails. 

Thanks
Pratik S

Normand Bergeron

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hello Pratik:

I did, and all they said that would be downloaded is the 'data', that is the attachments that would have been uploaded at attachments or literally file documents in the personal or shared folders.  What we need for our compliancy is the actual emails (subject/body of email), and support said this cannot be done.  They said they reached out to development, who confirmed this as well. 

Normand Bergeron

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Is there someone I can work with in development to address this, since it sounds like your team is more updated on this than the support team?