Drag and dropping attachments no longer convert to link after Outlook 365 update

• Question
  • Updated 4 days ago
My office just upgraded from an older version of Outlook and an in house Exchange server to Office 365. I reinstalled the Citrix Files plugin for Outlook and now it no longer converts an attachment automatically when I drag and drop a file into an email. It works if go to Insert then Attach File in Outlook or Attach Files using the Citrix Files plugin, but not when I drag and drop. It will also convert manually with a drag and dropped file. Just not automatically. Please help.
Photo of Richard Roesch

Richard Roesch

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 days ago

Photo of Kevin Glenn

Kevin Glenn, Escalation Engineer

• 172 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi Richard,

Can you please let me know the version and build number of your current Office installation? Is it the December monthly release, versionĀ 1911 (Build 12228.20364), or the more recent update, version 1912 (Build 12325.20288)?
Photo of Richard Roesch

Richard Roesch

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's Version 1912 (Build 12325.20288)
Photo of Douglas Goodman

Douglas Goodman, Sr. Software Engineer

• 117 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Richard- Also what is the size of the file you are trying to attach? Is it over the size threshold configured in your add-in settings? (Default is 5MB)

Thanks,
Doug
Photo of Richard Roesch

Richard Roesch

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes it is. I've tried all different file sizes and tried changing the threshold size and switching it to convert everything but there is no change. Another odd thing it does is in Outlook 365 when replying to an email it will stay within your main mailbox window or you can click "Pop Out" to go to a dedicated email window. If I drag and drop an attachment into the main window it still does not convert, but if I click "Pop Out", the link is created in the new window.
Photo of Douglas Goodman

Douglas Goodman, Sr. Software Engineer

• 117 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Richard - I've confirmed that this is a bug. Microsoft introduced a change in behavior with one of their latest updates. It will take some time to investigate and come up with a solution and get that released. In the mean time, we're sorry about the inconvenience but can you please use the known workarounds? (attach from the ribbon buttons)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

-Doug

Photo of Richard Roesch

Richard Roesch

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you.