email encryption api

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
Does sharefile have a programmatic way (API) to send encrypted emails?  I've browsed the community and api.sharefile.com bu can't seem to find any supporting documentation.
Photo of Luke

Luke

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Eliezer Encarnacion

Eliezer Encarnacion, Official Rep

• 655 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi Luke,

Apologies for the delay. We do have the Encrypted Email API though it is currently internal. We should be able to make that public by this week, I'll update this thread then.

Eli
Photo of Luke

Luke

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
any update?

• 655 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Luke, 

There are a couple moving parts still waiting to be completed, but the new page should be public between Friday and Monday.

Eli

• 655 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Luke,

Quick update. We need to rewrite some of the docs before publishing them, particularly the ones related to creating and sending Encrypted Emails, since that is a multi-step process. We're targeting next week for that update
If you'd also be interested in the requests to Get Encrypted Emails, I can provide those before they go public.

Thank you for your patience,
Eli
Photo of Luke

Luke

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
any update?

• 655 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
The docs have been approved, just a matter of publishing them, we will work on that today. Thank you for your patience!

Eli
(Edited)
Photo of Bill Haack

Bill Haack

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Eliezer - Thank you kindly for the updates. I too am looking forward to the the finished product!

• 655 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Bill,

Wanted to let you know that the documentation is finally live! https://api.sharefile.com/rest/docs/resource.aspx?name=EncryptedEmails
As this is our first iteration of these docs, please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for these endpoints.

Thanks,
Eli
Photo of Bill Haack

Bill Haack

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks!