File-name Length

• Question
  • Updated 6 days ago
  • Answered
Why does Sharefile allow the users to use file-names that are above the 180 character limit? It should warn or even prevent them from proceeding when the try to create the file-name.
Photo of Robert Hesner

Robert Hesner

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Justin Wall

Justin Wall

• 143 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Robert, 

Thank you for your suggestion. We do get this suggestion often and our Product Management team reviews this community page on a regular basis. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you need further assistance with long file path errors, please let us know.
Photo of French Tickler

French Tickler

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I second that. There should be some sort of warning or notification that lets you know that your path length exceeds the allowed limit.. Is this something SF devs might be able to implement?
Photo of J Michael Nelson

J Michael Nelson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree as well, why not just lengthen the file name limit. everyone else is around 250 upload and download. syncplicity, varonis, gladinet, owncloud, dropbox enterprise, egnyte, box.net. Seriously, If I didn't already spend money on my licenses I would switch products. Its really hurting my company.
Photo of Mark Bryant

Mark Bryant

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Have you tried 'long path tool'?
it's very helpful for me.

Photo of Mark Bryant

Mark Bryant

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Long PathTool is a software that will let you easily delete, copy or rename long path files.