Folder Hierarchy completely messed up

• Problem
  • Updated 6 days ago
When I selectively sync folders, the hierarchy gets flatted, making meaningless folders. For instance, if I have this hierarchy:
  • Sales
    • Current
    • Archive
  • Customer Service
    • Current
    • Archive
  • Marketing
    • Current
    • Archive
I want to only sync the "Current" folders (I don't need years and gigabytes worth of outdated stuff on my computer).

• Current
  • Current(Shared by Joe Smith)
  • Current(Shared by Joe Smith 2)
This is really confusing and pretty much useless. It gets worse when you have more than two subfolders. For instance, each folder has subfolders "Archived," "Current," and "Raw data." I don't want raw data, so I get this:

Photo of Derek

Derek

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Really aggravated

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Hawsons

Hawsons

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson, Product Manager

• 314 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes
Hi Derek / Hawsons,

I provided a comment on the link Hawsons provided in is comment, but wanted to add one here as well: 

We are in the process of combining all of our desktop apps (Drive Mapper, Desktop App and Sync) into one unified application called Citrix Files for Windows / Mac. More information on the vision of Citrix Files for Windows / Mac can be found here: https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2018/08/28/three-in-one-announcing-citrix-files-for-windows-and-mac-to-...

As part of this unification, we have heard you loud and clear and will keep the hierarchy when a file/folder is designated for 'Offline Access' (aka Sync). In the next few weeks we will be offering our first beta of Offline Access for Citrix Files for Windows and Citrix Files for Mac. I would encourage each of you to download the application at that time, enable the beta feature and test to make sure it keeps the hierarchy as you would expect. Be on the look out for the Citrix Files for Windows / Mac version 4.3 release, and the Offline Access beta, on releasenotes.sharefile.com 

As a quick sneak peek, here is what it will look like (the full green circle with the white check mark represents a folder designed for offline access - in this case the 'Offline Build' folder). As you may notice, I can see everything else, but in this example only items under 'Offline Build' are available when I'm not online.

Photo of Derek

Derek

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I will check this out, thank you.
Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson, Product Manager

• 314 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes
You're welcome Derek. Just to re-confirm though, the offline access (sync) feature isn't available today but will be in a few short weeks via a beta format.