Folder Not Found in Shared Folders

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
We would like to know what’s causing an error we have been experiencing these past months:

We are getting “ODataException: Item: Path element 'FolderB' not found” when doing an Items Query of folder “/Shared Folders/FolderA/FolderB/”.
To do this query, we use the method “Items.ByPath().Execute()” from “ShareFile.Api.Client” in a .NET Framework Application.

Even though, the error clearly informed the folder was not found, we confirmed that it existed when the query got executed.

This error DOES NOT happen all the times we execute the query. Initially, we thought the time when we run the query was the pattern for the error, but changing the time just helped for the first few days.

We checked this thread, but we think we are experiencing a different scenario:

https://github.com/citrix/ShareFile-NET/issues/12

Given the assumption that the error (mentioned in the link provided) happened every time the query was executed, this scenario is not the same we are experiencing, because we DO NOT get this error every time. Furthermore, the thread mentions specifically a problem finding the “Shared Folders” folder while our error mentions that an specific folder inside “Shared Folders” was not found (Item: Path element 'FolderB' not found). Also, I checked if the folder was a passthrough record (as the thread suggests) by checking if it’s path has an account id, and it seems it does not. This is the path we got from FolderB":

/root/af791a1f-17d5-078b-<rest of the id>/fod61ebe-6622-47c3-8898-<rest of the id>

I understand this path to be "/root/<FolderA id>/<FolderB Id>/".

Is the conclusion in regards to the folder not being a passthrough record correct? Do you know what else could be causing this error?

Thanks in advance.

Photo of David Roman

David Roman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • anxious, frustrated

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of David Roman

David Roman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It seems that our folder is ACTUALLY a passthrough record so I tried the workaround. I understand it consists in taking out "Shared Folders/" path element from the API call.

The workaround did not work and it is also really outdated (from 2015!!!!).