How to add type to sign feature in API integrated documents

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
I have integrated your API into a web application and everything works fine, except there is no option for a user to type their name instead of signing with a mouse. The only other option is to sign via Fax. I checked our settings and the Default Typed-Signatures On setting is enabled. Can you please assist?  Thanks Adam
Photo of Adam Elkins

Adam Elkins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Grace Powers

Grace Powers, Employee

• 14 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hello Adam,

Which authentication option are you using: OAuth or Secure Token?

Can you provide one of the reference IDs for an impacted document that does not have that option? 

Regards,
Photo of Adam Elkins

Adam Elkins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

I am using Secure Token authentication. An example document Guid is BT6645JIS3EU7697HRJ6BT. Let me know if you need any more info.

Adam
Photo of Grace Powers

Grace Powers, Employee

• 14 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Can you verify which account you have checked the settings are enabled for? Are your checking your user profile or the user associated with the API key?
Photo of Adam Elkins

Adam Elkins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It is enabled under the account owner's profile, jwhale@northwoodinc.com. I'm not sure about your second question. From my understanding all documents are sent and processed under the account in which the API keys were generated, in our case jwhale@northwoodinc.com. I'm not necessarily checking a user profile, I'm retrieving a document signer link based on a recipient. I have noticed that if I am signed in with my account in another browser window, I have access to my saved signatures in my web app, same if I'm signed in with jwhale, I see his saved signature, but no option to type in either instance. Keep in mind that that sign in is not related to the API, I'm just signed in in another browser window.

Adam
Photo of Grace Powers

Grace Powers, Employee

• 14 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
You answered the question. I wanted confirmation the account you were logged into in order to check the Signature Settings. 

Can you respond to your support ticket you previously opened and include a screenshot of the setting enabled that displays the user logged in? (see example below):

Photo of Grace Powers

Grace Powers, Employee

• 14 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Can you include <typed_signature>true</typed_signature> in the Send POST xml?
Photo of Adam Elkins

Adam Elkins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I didn't see that node in the API documentation or in the C# example. Can you send an xml example that includes that?

Adam
Photo of Grace Powers

Grace Powers, Employee

• 14 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
It was in an older version of the documentation. This was merely a suggestion of how to attempt to get the Typed Signatures available on documents sent via the API.
Photo of Adam Elkins

Adam Elkins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That doesn't help. I need to know where to insert the typed signature node. Are you unable to provide an example?
Photo of Grace Powers

Grace Powers, Employee

• 14 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, we do not have an example since it was removed from an older version of the API documentation. 
Photo of Adam Elkins

Adam Elkins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can you at least explain where to add the node? 
Photo of Adam Elkins

Adam Elkins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK, I figured it out, it just needs to go in document root node. And yes, it does enable type to sign. I would add this back into your API docs.
Photo of Grace Powers

Grace Powers, Employee

• 14 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I will certainly pass this feedback onto the team that manages the API documentation.