Idea: Migrate Enterprise Sync Features to Citrix Files

• Idea
  • Updated 1 week ago
Are there any plans for Citrix Files, to have similar abilities used to be in Enterprise Sync Client? as greatly needed to set schedule for syncing files over.
Photo of Antony Samuel

Antony Samuel

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson, Product Manager

• 373 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Antony - there are no committed plans at this time. If you don't mind me asking, what are the primary features of Enterprise Sync that you would like to see in Citrix Files for Windows?
Photo of Jose Daniel

Jose Daniel

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I have a feature request. We are using Enterprise Sync Manager for mirroring ShareFIle and NTFS file share for non ShareFile users. This has been very handy for our XenApp users that doesn't have ShareFile users for example.

What other good option do we have regarding mirroring these file shares?
Network connectors is not at all good enough for us in production. It's basically OK for reading data from an archive or like. 
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Director, Product Engineering

• 189 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Thank you for your feedback José. Citrix Files does not provide a way similar to ESync for mirroring a network file share. Just so that we can look at providing the right solution, what issues are you running into with connectors?  

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Jose Daniel

Jose Daniel

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Prabhat. 

The 2 main issues we have come across is that it handles changes in permissions very badly. The only workaround I've found is to delete config files from appdata (reset the Citrix Files completely) manually... And when changes had been done to the network share, we almost every time had to do a manual reset. 

If the same file has been opened and the Citrix Files user tries to save, it fails with an error.

We had a POC using Network Shares Connector and for the user that only works with files that no one else is using, it was working ok. But for an user that uses a file that multiple users can access (and did access) it was not a good way for them to work. Never knowing if the latest file was worked on and so on.