Important Update for EU On-Prem Storage Customers

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
ShareFile has identified an issue currently impacting our EU customers utilizing on-prem StorageZones. If you are a customer utilizing on-prem storage on an EU domain and have experienced intermittent connectivity issues, or your on-prem Zone has gone offline unexpectedly, these issues can be resolved with the following steps:

Step 1 - Check Host

Ensure that NO Host Entries are currently directing DNS to either of the following IP ranges:

• 173.199.x.x
  • 78.108.x.x

No traffic should be reaching the IP ranges listed, as they point to older data centers.

Step 2 (Required) - Restart StorageZones Controller Server Machines (or individual Services)

Important: This step must be completed by any customer with an on-prem storage center that has not restarted within the last 7 days, regardless of your host entry settings in Step 1.

To ensure no cached DNS entries are used, please restart ALL StorageZones Controller server machines in your zone. Note that if you choose to restart, end-users may experience temporary downtime when the machines are rebooted. If possible, ShareFile recommends scheduling this activity for off-peak hours.

If you do not wish to restart your server machines, please restart the following services for each of your storage centers:
  • Citrix ShareFile Antivirus Integration Service
  • Citrix ShareFile Cloud Storage Uploader Service
  • Citrix ShareFile DLP Integration Service
  • Citrix ShareFile File Cleanup Service
  • Citrix ShareFile File Copy Service
  • Citrix ShareFile Management Service
  • Citrix ShareFile Proxy Email Service

Additional Info

The StorageZones Controller services call the ShareFile API servers periodically. StorageZones servers may contain host entries or stale cached entries pointing to older ShareFile datacenters. If the datacenter comes offline, these services will be unable to function correctly. This may lead to the zone going offline and becoming unavailable for use. Restarting the server machines (or individual services) will ensure that no services use cached stale DNS entries for connecting to ShareFile servers.

If you have an on-prem storage zone pointing to the wrong IP address, you must update this before Monday, February 6th, 2017.

If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding the above, please visit https://www.citrix.com/contact/technical-support.html
Photo of Jerred Metts

Jerred Metts

• 83 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rhys

Rhys

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

How do you check that Sharefile is doing this or not?

Photo of Jerred Metts

Jerred Metts

• 83 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hey Rhys, if you aren't sure if your host entries are hitting the older IPs, we can verify on our end. Would you mind providing me with your account subdomain (the "subdomain" in the subdomain.sharefile.com or eu you use to view your account login page) so I can look you up?
Photo of Manoj Kumar

Manoj Kumar

• 48 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Hi Jerred,

After rebooting storage zone control some customer seeing error when trying to download "Unable to download Zone is unavailable"

Thanks

Photo of Jerred Metts

Jerred Metts

• 83 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Manoj,

I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your comment! I'm afraid I overlooked the original notification. Are you still experiencing the error following your reboot? If so, please give us a call or send us an email https://www.sharefile.com/lightbox/enterprise-support so we can help identify what the issue may be.