Is it possible to change the email address for a Client User?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Is it possible to change the email address for a Client User? When I do the system returns a response that indicates the email is already in use by another user, but it isn't in our system.
Photo of Jeff Freeze

Jeff Freeze

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ashlee Burch

Ashlee Burch

• 676 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Jeff,
If the system is giving you that message it means that it may possibly be someone's secondary email address, but it is in the system somewhere. What happens when you try to search for the email under 'Manage Users'? Does the email show up for you at all? Also, if you want, I can email you privately and you can give me that user's email address and I can search our system for it to see what pops up.

Just let me know and we can work from there.

Thanks!
Photo of Jeff Freeze

Jeff Freeze

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
When I search that email address, it returns the right user, but when I view that User it shows her "old" email and she is saying she has to use her old email to log in. The Client User has an @comcast.net email and has switched to an @gmail.com account. Can the primary email be changed? The new gmail.com email is in the system tied to her, but not on her "Manage User" page.
Photo of Ashlee Burch

Ashlee Burch

• 676 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
So, more than likely she has added to emails to her account and the 'old' email is still the primary. She will need to go to 'My Settings' and make the switch for the secondary email to now be the primary one. Here's the article detailing that: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/sharefile/help_files/SF010013?title=Changing+Your+Email+Addres...

Let me know that helps at all!
Photo of Jeff Freeze

Jeff Freeze

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Ashlee, I will have her try that.