Issue with not being able to edit email address to signers after the document has been sent

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
In Right Signature there is no way to edit or change an email address to a signer of the document or a CC recipient after the document has been sent. This is an issue for several reasons. First, if a typo is made in the recipient’s email address then they never can receive the link to complete the signing for a fully executed document. Further, there was no notification of a bounce or undeliverable email address which in the situation described above I confirmed the domain name was typed wrong and was not a valid email.  Even worse it wouldn’t let me correct or edit the email address for the correct signature and I had to trash it and re-send the whole document after our customer already reviewed everything and signed. So we were embarrassed because it wasted everyone’s time re-reviewing the contract. Furthermore, sometimes I would like to be able forward the document to another signer. Maybe the previous signer was the wrong person, or unauthorized to sign, or maybe they just passed away. I should be able to quickly and easily change the address once a document is sent. Heck I should be able to add signers and delete them. I cannot think of any legal reason that requires this internal control that does not allow editing of the recipient/signatories’ email addresses. I am requesting the developers consider the account/Admin user in RightSignature be able to change email addresses as need after a document has been sent. It really doesn’t make sense why the email address would be locked if the Administrator is in control of setting it all up. I have really liked this product for years, but I am now looking to switch over to DocuSign because this issue has cause multiple headaches for my company. I hope it can be fixed quickly. Please put a ticket in to fix this and make the change so email addresses can be edited! At the very minimum put a pop-up warning at the end as a reminder to check and verify all the email addresses, names and other detail. Thank you.
Photo of Justin Richardson

Justin Richardson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • This issue was a major set-back and embarrassing

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Andrew James Reeve-Parker

Andrew James Reeve-Parker

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Agree with your view Justin. Have RightSignature responded with a solution?