Latest Sharefile update (.31?) removes useful folder path information from notification emails.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
To avoid phishing attack I do not click links. I use the notification + desktop app to download files.  The new build removed full folder paths causing me to hunt around for files in about 80 client folders with standardized sub folders for different line of business work flows.

Developers: 
Can you give us the option to include these full paths in our notifications?

Regards,
Doug Pendergras

see old format vs new format attached
Photo of doug

doug

• 4 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Jason Gladden

Jason Gladden

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
agree. that full page info is very helpful when monitoring what users are doing
Photo of Maarten

Maarten

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
More and more companies have policies like "it is forbidden to send emails with links in it, except for cases where the mail is only internal and is digitally signed to prevent forgery". So that should probably also be extended into the ShareFile realm if ShareFile is used for sending out emails to colleagues or partners.

That being said, it could be an information leak if the receiving user would not have access to the full path info otherwise but will now see it in an email.

This btw relates to questions around full file paths versus as-short-as-possible file paths in other apps such as the Sync app. (selecting just a sub-sub-sub folder for syncing will not sync the parents into the local ShareFile folder, and selecting sub-sub-sub folders in completely different top-level folders would show them side by side as if they were in the same place in the tree. I hope that one day this will become configurable, and at least be consistent. :-)

Photo of Stella Freeman Embrey

Stella Freeman Embrey

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

this affected us too in the same way :(