Login window doesn't populate.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
Using Sharefile for Windows. The issue is that after install, the login window never populates, just sits at a dark grey screen. I've added secure.sharefile.com to trusted sites, reset IE, uninstalled using Revo to remove leftover registry entries, and confirmed I can access the site normally.
Photo of Vince

Vince

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Employee

• 105 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Vince,

We would need to look into the logs to see why the login screen does not render properly. Can you please open a support case and someone would assist you.

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Vince

Vince

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sure, but where are the logs located?
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Employee

• 105 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Vince, 

Since you are using ShareFile for Windows, there is an option to Submit Logs inside Help view (right click on the sys tray icon). This would automatically capture and upload the required logs. 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
(Edited)
Photo of Vince

Vince

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Prabhat, I am looking for the log location, as in, where are they located within Windows?
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Employee

• 105 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Vince,

Regret the delay. The app logs can be found at %localappdata%/Citrix/ShareFile/SFWindows/Logs.

We also released Beta 5 version of the app today and once it’s rolls out (likely tomorrow) to existing app users, the location would change to %localappdata%/Citrix/CitrixFiles/Logs

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Employee

• 105 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
If you continue to face issues with login, please feel free to send an email to sfwin.feedback@citrix.com.

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Vince

Vince

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for the help!