Notification History API Entity or hide/redirect HELP link?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I was told that there is no way to hide the HELP link or change its destination in the web app. What is happening is several clients have clicked it thinking it is coming to our company directly but actually going to Sharefile support. So the only option is to daily search the Notification History for emails coming from support@sharefile.com. I was hoping to at least use the API to pull a daily report looking for any of these emails. There does not appear to be an API endpoint for this? Can anyone help or make suggestions? This is affecting our customer service since we are not able to adequately resolve issues for our clients if we do not know they exist. Please advise. 
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Eliezer Encarnacion

Eliezer Encarnacion, Official Rep

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Hi Chris,

Where did you hear you would not be able to change the destination of the Help link in Webapp? If you haven't already, contact our Customer Support team with that request; depending on the type of account you have, they should be able to make that change for you.

Eli
(Edited)
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Eli,
I was told by the support through the HELP link that I sent a notification through as Administrator. We have a business plan. Do you have a better method to contact customer support?

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Hey Chris,

I checked with the Support team and the information you were provided is correct, your account cannot have the Help info updated. One workaround they suggested was to include a Terms and Conditions text on your login page informing users where to contact for help.

Regarding your workaround, I notice that the functionality is on the web application, but not on the API. This is a gap in our implementation and I'm opening a ticket to personally work on adding this functionality to the API as well. I will give you a timeline update soon, but I estimate this should be available in 2 weeks.

Apologies for the difficulties you're experience, and do let me know if there's anything else I can do or research for you let me know.

Thanks!
Eli
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I appreciate the implementation. I think others will benefit as well reading from the forums. Can I ask what is the determination to get that functionality? Does it require an Enterprise account or is it based on industry? Just curious. Thanks

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Yes, an Enterprise account is required

• 732 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Hey Chris,

Wanted to let you know that we've published a new API endpoint to obtain Sent Messages via API.
It should be available to you sometime between today and tomorrow, and it can be used in the following way:

GET https://account.sf-api.com/sf/v3/Notifications/Sent?fromDate=2017-7-12&toDate=2017-7-20

The fromDate and toDate are mandatory, and are UTC dates, so you can provide times as well.

You can filter only emails sent to support@sharefile.com by adding a $filter parameter in the query string. This example url encodes the space (%20) and single quote(%27) characters.

GET https://account.sf-api.com/sf/v3/Notifications/Sent?fromDate=2017-7-12&toDate=2017-7-20&$filter=To%20eq%20%27support@sharefile.com%27

Let me know if this endpoint is helpful to you

Thanks!
Eli
(Edited)
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Eli,
Thanks a million for putting this into place and letting me know. Will start using it immediately. I am sure others will find this feature extremely useful and helpful. Thanks again.