Outlook 2016 crashing

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago

Ever since the last windows update about 3 weeks ago, Outlook has been crashing when I go to any other folder except the inbox.  I've disabled all of the addins and have narrowed it down to Sharefile.  Tech support told me to watch for updates and with the 10/31 update, Outlook no longer crashes when I go to the sent folder, but still crashes when I go to any other folder except inbox and sent.  I have to keep it disabled except when I want to use it, which is frustrating and not very efficient.  I am running Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 and Sharefile plug in 5.1.  I would appreciate any help with this.  Tech support couldn't really provide much help.  Thank you.

Photo of Roanne Bank

Roanne Bank

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of David Hickenbottom

David Hickenbottom

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem.  It is caused by the Sharefile plug-in.  I reinstalled the plugin, but that did not resolve the issue.  I currently have it disabled it and Outlook operates as expected.
(Edited)
Photo of David Hickenbottom

David Hickenbottom

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This apparently was caused by trend micro. Upgraded trend today and it is now working again.
Photo of Kas

Kas

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Having the same problem with two computers. One has Outlook 2013, the other has Outlook 2016. Neither has TrendMicro installed on it.  Cleared appdata/roaming/sharefile/outlook folder.
Photo of Kevin Glenn

Kevin Glenn, Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 122 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hi Kas,

Thanks for providing the additional information. When you have a moment it would be great if you could provide a few log files to help us investigate. 

First we would want to enable extended logging for the ShareFile Outlook plugin and reproduce the issue. This can be done by accessing the ShareFile Outlook plugin options and then clicking 'Help' in the top right corner. On this menu you will see a setting to enable Advanced logging. Then press save and reproduce the issue. 

Once this is done, please upload the three log files listed below using this link: https://citrix.sharefile.com/r-r2b5f5572ad740e88

ShareFile log:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\ShareFile\Outlook\log.txt

Add-in Express log:
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Add-in Express\adxloader.log

Event viewer logs:
Windows -> Start -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Right click 'Application' -> Save All Events As
Photo of Kas

Kas

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I installed .NET 4.6.2. I am working with Outlook to see if the problem is resolved or not.
Photo of Kevin Glenn

Kevin Glenn, Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 122 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hi Kas,

As of the release of ShareFile Plugin for Microsoft Outlook Version 4.4 we now require Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6. If you weren't meeting these requirements that could certainly be the culprit. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you continue to have any trouble and I would be more than happy to assist.
Photo of Kim Boydoh

Kim Boydoh

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Running Outlook 2016 and Plug-in 5.1.1515.1 and Outlook crashes when I select any folder including the InBox.  Only way to remedy is to disable plug-in.  any new updates to resolve this issue? 
Photo of Kas

Kas

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Clearing appdata/roaming/sharefile/outlook folder and installing .NET 4.6.2 seems to have resolved the issue for the two computers we were having problems with.