Outlook plugin installation causes CRM 2011 plugin errors

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
When we install the most recent version of the Sharefile Outlook plugin, it causes errors in our Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 integration.  The activeX error is displayed when we click the CRM button.  The Message from webpage occurs when we try to track a message.

Photo of Keith Feggestad

Keith Feggestad

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Anthony Price

Anthony Price, Software Quality Engineer / Release Manager

• 118 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi Keith, 

I'm on the Engineering team that works on Citrix Files for Outlook (formerly called the ShareFile Outlook Plug-in). 

I've never heard of this specific issue with our plug-in and the Microsoft Dynamics integration and with performing a Google search for "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe" there are a number of articles that come up that aren't related to our application. 

Do you mind telling me some more information about your environment like what version of the plug-in you're using, what version of Outlook you have installed, what version of Windows, etc? Please submit application logs through the Help menu and report back with the ID that would be helpful also. 

If we aren't able to find a resolution through this Community post the next step would be to contact our Support team and have them troubleshoot on your computer to help figure this out. 

Thanks!