Release Notes, Citrix Files for Outlook Online (ShareFile for Outlook Add-in) v. 2.0

• Announcement
  • Updated 1 month ago
ShareFile for Outlook Add-in is now is Citrix Files for Outlook Online. We would like to announce the newest release of Citrix Files for Outlook Online, v2.0, is now available.

How to get it:

What's New

New Name & Updated Unified UI

To unify with overall Citrix rebranding efforts, we have changed the name of the tool as well as the color scheme to Citrix Workspace blue and white theme. All functionality from ShareFile for Outlook has been preserved. 

As part of this update, users should expect to see any references to the ShareFile for Outlook to be updated to Citrix Files for Outlook Online. 

Who needs to know?

Citrix Files for Outlook Online v. 2.0 is for all customers.

Documentation

You can learn more about Citrix Files for Outlook Online at https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX220275
Photo of Yelena Sharonina

Yelena Sharonina, Product Manager

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of jason MAMC

jason MAMC

• 80 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
what about sending encrypted emails via outlook.  last i checked the online version cant do that?
Photo of Anthony Price

Anthony Price, Software Quality Engineer / Release Manager

• 110 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi Jason, 

Unfortunately, support for Encrypted Email through the Office Online add-in is a limitation of Microsoft's add-in framework. We would like to offer this to our customers and will continue to revisit this periodically. 

Thanks!
Photo of jason MAMC

jason MAMC

• 80 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
that would be great because all the new tools really allow us to control sharefile from the desktop tools.  It is annoying to have to go to the web portal for one thing
Photo of jason MAMC

jason MAMC

• 80 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
also, you have a weird DPI/resolution glitch where you have to massively expand the login window during the initial setup.
Photo of Anthony Price

Anthony Price, Software Quality Engineer / Release Manager

• 111 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi Jason, 

Are you referring to the login window used with Citrix Files for Outlook, or Citrix Files for Outlook Online (the tool mentioned in this release notes post)?

We have heard scattered reports of the login window not resizing for high DPI monitors with Citrix Files for Outlook but have not been able to reproduce ourselves (even on my Surface Laptop). 

We will continue testing this and do our best to fix what we can. 

Thanks!
Photo of jason MAMC

jason MAMC

• 80 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I am referring to citrix for outlook.  I literally have installed it on two lenovo machines that use extended monitors and had the same issue.  had to change the dpi on one computer because stretching it was not enough.  I think it has an issue with high res monitors.
Photo of Steve Lyons

Steve Lyons

• 10 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
How do you configure it for O365 Outlook Online? I added it to my account, but when I click to send an attachment using ShareFile, Add-in error, something went wrong and we couldn't start this add-in.
Photo of Anthony Price

Anthony Price, Quality Engineer / Release Manager

• 110 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi Steve, 

Thanks for the comment. I've not seen this error when testing Exchange, Office 365, or Outlook.com accounts and have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

1. Are you seeing the green icon for ShareFile, or the blue icon for Citrix Files?
  2. Are you seeing this add-in error in the Web, or in Outlook for Windows or Mac?
Installing the add-in can be done from the ribbon inside Outlook or by going to the AppSource page directly (link in the post above) and the app should be configured to start using at that point. There shouldn't be any additional steps unless something has been put in place by your Company. 

Thanks!
(Edited)