Release Notes, Citrix Files for Outlook (ShareFile Outlook Plug-in) v. 6.0

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
ShareFile Outlook plugin is now is Citrix Files for Outlook. We would like to announce the newest release of the Citrix Files For Outlook, v.6.0, is now available. 

How to get it:

What's New: New Name & Updated Unified UI

ShareFile Outlook Plug-in is now Citrix Files for Outlook. 

To unify with overall Citrix rebranding efforts, we have changed the name of the tool as well as the color scheme to Citrix's new blue and white theme. All functionality from ShareFile Outlook Plug-in has been preserved. 

As part of this update, users should expect to see any references to the ShareFile Outlook Plug-in to be updated to Citrix Files for Outlook. For example, the user guide knowledge base article has also been updated to Citrix Files for Outlook - https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX237023

Log locations has also been changed:
  • New log location will be C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citrix\Citrix Files for Outlook
  • For adxregistrator.log it will C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Citrix Files for Outlook

The following issues have also been resolved:
  • In some cases, messages in the Outlook Outbox were being erroneously sent when they did not have ShareFile attachments. 

Who needs to know?
Citrix Files for Outlook 6.0 is for all customers.

Documentation
You can learn how to use the Citrix Files for Outlook, along with our other tools, at https://www.sharefile.com/support/technical-help
Photo of Yelena Sharonina

Yelena Sharonina, Product Manager

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Dennis Monckton

Dennis Monckton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
After installing, clicking the Blue "S" for the options, it does not popup the options screen.
Windows 10 / Office 2016
Photo of Douglas Goodman

Douglas Goodman, Employee

• 71 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Hi Dennis - Thank you for the feedback. This is a known issue and will be fixed in version 6.1, which should be released this week. Please let me know if you need a workaround. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Douglas Goodman
Photo of Dennis Monckton

Dennis Monckton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thank you Douglas, yes a workaround would be helpful.  I installed this version hoping to see if it fixed the sending of the outbox when opening Outlook.  I did notice that was a resolved issue in the notes.  Please send the workaround when you get a moment.

Thank you
Photo of Douglas Goodman

• 71 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Yes that issue was fixed too.

If you have access to the registry, open the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\ShareFile\SSO

and change the value "UserConfigurable" from 0 to 1. Then restart Outlook.

Photo of Dennis Monckton

Dennis Monckton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
That worked Douglas, thank you.
Photo of Dennis Monckton

Dennis Monckton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I don't see a release for 6.1 as expected last week.  Any idea of when we can expect it?
Photo of Yelena Sharonina

Yelena Sharonina, Product Manager

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Dennis, our office was affected by hurricane Florence, which is causing the delay. We expect to release 6.1 later this week, in a few days. I apologize for the inconvinience this may cause.
Photo of Dennis Monckton

Dennis Monckton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
No problem Yelena, that's a very good reason.  Thank you for the update.
Photo of Douglas Goodman

• 71 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Hi Dennis - the 6.1 release is now available.
Photo of Dennis Monckton

Dennis Monckton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks Douglas, I don't see it here yet.

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/sharefile/clients-and-plug-ins/citrix-files-for-outlook.html

Is there another place for it?

Photo of Douglas Goodman

• 71 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Yes it is available in the Apps section when you login to you ShareFile account on the web. If you need the per-machine MSI, that has not yet been published to the Citrix downloads page, but I can provide a link in the mean time. Let me know.
Photo of Dennis Monckton

Dennis Monckton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks Douglas, yes I would need the per machine msi.
Photo of Douglas Goodman

• 71 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Photo of Dennis Monckton

Dennis Monckton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Perfect, thank you again Douglas.