Release Notes, Citrix Files for Windows, v4.3

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
We are pleased to announce that the Citrix Files for Windows app, v4.3 is available for download. 

How to download:
What's new:
  • Desktop Apps BETA Support – When enabled by the admin at the account level, users will have an option, in their Citrix Files for Windows settings, to opt-in to gain access to try new features of the application that are in Beta mode. For more information, please see: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX237762
    • Admin enablement of Desktop Apps Betas is available in the Web Application - Settings - Admin Settings - Advanced Preferences - Enable ShareFile Tools
    • Once enabled, Employees will have access to enable the beta features from within the Citrix Files for Windows settings UI

• Offline Access (BETA) – Users can designate a file or folder for Offline to access when they are not connected to the network. Any changes saved while offline will be saved back to ShareFile upon reconnecting to the network. Note: To use this feature, you must enable Beta features in the app settings.  For more information on Offline Access, please see:https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX237762.
    • To provide feedback on this Beta feature, please email cfwin.feedback@citrix.com or use the ‘Send Feedback’ option in the Help Menu of the App.
    • Users will be able to mark folders and files or offline use via the right-click menu:

• There are now additional icon states to help easily identify files that are online-only, offline, etc

• In the Dashboard you will be able to see the progress of files being taken offline, via a sync in progress item count.
    • 'Clear cache' was re-worded as 'Free Up Space' with additional details on how this setting does not remove folders / files that you designated as available for offline

• Drive Mapper Migration Support – If Drive Mapper is installed on your system, Citrix Files for Windows v4.3 will uninstall it as part of the upgrade process to Citrix Files for Windows. User settings will be migrated and existing Drive Mapper GPO policies will continue to be enforced by Citrix Files for Windows. More information can be found here
  • Workspace SSO to Network Share/SharePoint StorageZone Connectors – Single Sign-On for Network Shares and SharePoint Connectors when authenticating with Workspace credentials (not yet supported for VDA)
  • Customer Issues fixed in this release:
    • SAML auto-login not working inside a VDA environment
    • PDF files becoming corrupted on opening and edit.
    • Mismatch of folder content between remote and Citrix Files for Windows.
    • Project Files may get corrupted when opened
    • Latency issues when saving a file to the Citrix Files for Windows drive
    • Citrix Files for Windows right-click Context Menu options may not appear
    • When storing app data using FSLogix, Citrix Files for Windows might not work
    • Renaming a file before it is fully uploaded creates two files locally
Who needs to know?
Citrix Files for Windows is for both Enterprise and SMB customers.

Documentation:
For more information about Citrix Files for Windows, please refer to the online documentation here: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX228273
Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson, Product Manager

• 325 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of squirrel5150

squirrel5150

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having an issue on a published 2012R2 desktop.  When I login, the ShareFile login dialog box appears. I  can choose "Sign in using your operating system account" and it logs me in just fine to Citrix Files.  However, with the old ShareFile GPO policies, I never got prompted...it just logged in me.  Is there a way to have Files 4.3 behave the same? ie, not have any login prompt?
Photo of Chris Anderson

• 325 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes
Are you setting the 'account' in the GPO? 
Photo of squirrel5150

squirrel5150

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, Account is enabled and configured.
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Engineering

• 144 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Can you submit your logs and provide the log ID? 

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi
Photo of Chris Anderson

• 325 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes
Any chance you can share a screenshot of your set GPOs and a screenshot of your SAML settings in the web app? If you dont feel comfortable adding those here, you can email them to me at Christopher dot Anderson at Citrix dot com
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello,

After upgrading to v4.3 I have problems with the Network Share connector. I am missing the option to Sign in and get the AD Credential prompt.This happens when doing a fresh install or  a 'Sign out' -> 'Sign in' after an Upgrade . Switching back to the previous Client solves the problem.

Photo of Chris Anderson

• 325 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes
Erwin, can you send a quick email to CFWin.feedback at Citrix dot com and provide some screenshots of the exact experience you encountered with 4.3, including the environmental details.
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Chris,

The email has been sent.