Release Notes, Citrix Files for Windows, v4.4

• Announcement
  • Updated 8 months ago
We are pleased to announce that the Citrix Files for Windows app, v4.4 is available for download. 

How to download:
What's new:
  • Manage Offline Sync - Users can specify which folders are to be designated for Offline Access. The Manage Offline Sync menu can be accessed in the Settings Menu of Citrix Files for Windows.

Please Note: Offline Access (sync) is currently in BETA mode and must be enabled for your account. For more information on Citrix Files Beta Features, please see https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX237762  - To provide feedback on this Beta feature, please email cfwin.feedback@citrix.com or use the ‘Send Feedback’ option in the Help Menu of the App.

• Folders selected for Offline Sync will make all files and folders within that folder available for offline access. Newly added files or folders to that folder will be automatically made available for offline access.  To remove a folder and files from Offline Sync, simply de-select that folder from the Manage Sync menu.

• Offline Beta in-app banner promotion – For accounts where the Desktop Apps Beta setting is enabled, but offline access is not enabled on Citrix Files for Windows, users will receive an information banner promoting the feature.

• Single Sign-On for Network Shares and SharePoint Connectors when authenticating with Workspace credentials inside a VDA session
  • Customer Issues fixed in this release:
    • 0 byte files are being uploaded when editing files with Blue Beam
    • Jupyter notebook adding new checkpoint folders
    • Moving folders from Citrix Files for Windows to local machine does not transfer files
    • Users are not seeing updated versions of files
    • Cannot save .DWG files into Citrix Files for Windows when using AutoCAD
    • Latency seen when saving a file into Citrix Files for Windows
    • High memory consumption seen with Citrix Files for Windows
    • Performance issues seen when using Citrix Files for Windows
Who needs to know?
Citrix Files for Windows is for both Enterprise and SMB customers.

Documentation:
For more information about Citrix Files for Windows, please refer to the online documentation here: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX228273
Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson

• 373 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of jacob

jacob

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Testing v4.4, still suffers from poor latency when opening folder with photos(thumbnails turned off). Network usage indicates majority of folder content is downloaded, not good when you open a folder with 1 gig of photos
Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson

• 373 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi Jacob, sorry you are running into this. We have a ticket open and are looking into potential options to solve this in a future update.
Photo of Michele Houston

Michele Houston

• 26 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I downloaded this yesterday, but it will not load. When I click on the icon, there is just a spinning circle. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but still it won't open. I see there is some issues with Windows 10 version 1809 keeping drives from mounting, but I am on Windows version 1803 build 17134.407.