Release Notes, ShareFile Sync for Mac v3.0

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
We are pleased to announce that ShareFile Sync for Mac v3.0 is now available for download from the Apps page inside your ShareFile account or the Citrix Downloads site.

What’s included?
  • New UI Updates

• Performance Improvements: Faster sync processing of files and folders and faster sync for accounts with many Shared Folders.

• TLS 1.2 support

• Re-link support to configure your Sync account to use an existing local ShareFile Sync folder

• Quality Improvements

updated icon overlays 

updated Dashboard UI

Re-link to existing ShareFile folder

Photo of Lenny Soletti

Lenny Soletti, Official Rep

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of John Quinn

John Quinn

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Does this version of the client allow you to open a file (ie adobe creative suite) with a native application vs being forced to download the file, then open it?
Photo of Lenny Soletti

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi John,
ShareFile Sync for Mac automatically downloads (syncs) files locally to your Mac machine. So you can use the native application running locally to open/edit that file and changes will be sync'd back to ShareFile.

Please let me know if that helps answer your question. 

Thank you,
Lenny 
Photo of Kevin Broccoli

Kevin Broccoli

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't see this in the apps section of my account. And I don't see it anywhere on the Citrix site. Could you send a link?
Photo of Lenny Soletti

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Kevin,
You can download this version from the following link:
https://www.citrix.com/downloads/sharefile/clients-and-plug-ins/sharefile-sync-for-mac-30.html

Thank you,
Lenny
Photo of Floyed Lobo

Floyed Lobo

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I couldn't get this working on Sierra high. It starts asks for a password and then closes. Is this a know issue?
Photo of Lenny Soletti

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Floyed, 
Can you please let us know the version of High Sierra, ex; 10.13.3 ?
Also, if you are able to submit Logs from the Sync -> Preferences -> About -> Logs and please let us know the ID? 

Thank you!
Lenny