Release Notes, ShareFile Web Application 17.6

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 years ago
We are pleased to announce the release of the ShareFile Web Application, v.17.6! The following features and improvements will be rolled out incrementally between now and March 17th.

This release contains minor app and UI improvements, in addition to the bug fixes outlined below.

Bug Fixes

• Drag and Drop uploads did not work on Microsoft Edge browsers.
  • Default user permissions during employee creation have been adjusted to include File Box access.

For Enterprise Customers:
  • The folder recovery menu did not properly display the folder list when attempting to restore folders and files.
  • Improvements to the folder tree menu on the recovery page.

Who needs to know?
The ShareFile Web Application version 17.6 is targeted for all customers

Documentation
You can learn more about the ShareFile Web Application, as well as our other tools, at the ShareFile Knowledge Base.
Photo of Jerred Metts

Jerred Metts

• 83 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jason Jeremiah Bumgarner

Jason Jeremiah Bumgarner

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Bug fixes?  Really!  This update is a flaming hunk of shit!  The activity log feature is totally broken and virtually un-usable since the update.  I used to be able to select custom dates from a calendar that had a 3 month range.  Now the only choices are "Today, Last Week, Last Month, etc."  If I select last week and export it to Excel, it takes around 5 minutes to generate the file and logs everything that was ever uploaded to our account in Sharefile.  It takes so long to generate the Excel file because it contains over 150,000 sheet rows.  Good job of breaking something that was working fine last week.  I thought the point of an update was to improve features and functionality.  Guess I was wrong.
Photo of Jerred Metts

Jerred Metts

• 83 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hey Jason, thanks for your candid feedback, and I apologize for the interruption the change has brought to your workflow. I noticed your previous posts on the topic of custom date ranges - I spoke with members of our team here at that time and we are working on restoring the custom date range for you and other users that have spoken up since the change. As a personal fan of that particular option, I feel your pain. We hear you (and others) loud and clear.

As for the time to generate the report, we have received multiple reports of files taking exceedingly long to generate regardless of report size. We're investigating that as we speak.  Thanks for your feedback and for your patience as we work these things out!

Jason Jeremiah Bumgarner

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The reason why it's taking so long in my case, is that it's generating an unnecessarily large file that is not limited by date range.  Even though I've selected "Last Week" it generates an activity log of EVERYTHING!  What used to be a 20kb file is now a 5MB file.  I sure hope this is resolved soon as I have to generate these reports everyday.
(Edited)
Photo of Jerred Metts

Jerred Metts

• 83 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hey Jason - Thanks again for keeping in touch on this. While we're still working on getting those custom date ranges back on the Folder Activity menu, our team believes that we have fixed the issue that was causing considerable delays in exporting activity logs - By the looks of things, your account should have received the 17.7 update that includes the fix. The next time you run your report, could you let us know if it's still taking a long time? Thanks again for your patience!

Jason Jeremiah Bumgarner

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, download time was instantaneous this morning, so that's good.  Thanks for fixing that.  It would be nice to have the custom dates back but I can work around that in the meantime.
Photo of Jerred Metts

Jerred Metts

• 83 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Thanks for letting me know Jason! I'll let you know when I have some good news on the custom date front.