Release Notes, ShareFile Web Application v18.24

• Announcement
  • Updated 6 months ago
We are pleased to announce the release of ShareFile Web Application v18.24. The following changes will be available to all customers in the coming days. 

Single Sign On Certificate Expiration

For customers with Single Sign On enabled, we added a display of the X.509 certificate expiration on the Login & Security Policy page in Admin Settings. 

Also to help avoid the certificate expiring, a message will be displayed starting 30 days before the certificate expires long the top of the page to warn admins and link to where they can update the certificate. 

This release includes the following UI updates:
  • To better enforce licensing, the ability to downgrade an Employee user with a company email domain to a client user has been removed. 

The following customer issues have been resolved:
  • A customer was experiencing timeout errors when reassigning folders and groups from one user to another during the delete user process. 
Who needs to know?
ShareFile Web Application updates are intended for all customers. 

Documentation
You can learn more about ShareFile apps and features at our Support Site (https://www.sharefile.com/support).
Photo of Sophia Su

Sophia Su, Product Manager

• 193 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Joshua Morigeau

Joshua Morigeau

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Now that we are unable to downgrade and employee to a client status, the only option is to delete that employee account. When that happens and we reassign folder and such to someone else I need to know if encrypted emails also go to who is getting the folders and such reassigned. Prior to this only the account an encrypted email was sent to was able to open that encrypted email. This can cause data loss if that information isn't reassigned.

Photo of Sophia Su

• 193 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Joshua, encrypted emails do get reassigned as part of the folder reassignment. I reviewed the flow for that and once reassigned, the encrypted email takes on the name of the new user so while it is there, it is not the most accurate. Are you guys looking to have the messages available for auditing or are you trying to continue the message thread?

Alternatively, if you can also look into disabling a user rather than deleting them. Disabling a user will not free up a user license but will retain all of their information for your records. 
Photo of Joshua Morigeau

Joshua Morigeau

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Our typical process was to downgrade the employee and disable the account unless they had encrypted emails, then it would still remain downgraded but available for that person's performance coach to view any encrypted emails. Then after the 30 dats we'd delete the account. We had been told previously that only the person who received the encrypted email was able to open and view it. This was how SF worked at the time. We aren't looking to audit or continue the thread just to keep data from being lost from our clients. We aren't worried about licenses just not wanting to loose client data or cause them frustrations with retransmitting data. What do you mean by it isn't the most accurate?

It was suggested to me in a ticket that I create a users folder and move all filebox data into that folder and when it gets reassigned the PC will be able to open the folder with the old employees name. It is unfortunate that I'm not able to take items in the Inbox and transfer them to that folder as well. This would make it quite easy to move everything to a folder with the employee's name and then transfer all of that to the PC.

Photo of Sophia Su

• 193 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Understood, thank you for sharing these details with me. 

As for the statement about accuracy, I made it because once an encrypted email has been assigned to a new user as part of their files, the new user becomes the owner of that email. In the user interface, this means that the new user will be displayed as the person who sent the message even though it was the older user who sent the email.