RightSignature Date field Australia

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
In Australia the default/standard date format is dd-mm-yyyy.

RightSignature uses the format mm-dd-yyyy.

I believe this may hold us back from using RighSiganture.

We require the ability to set the date format dd-mm-yyyy.
Photo of Wes Heywood

Wes Heywood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Marques Deane

Marques Deane, Employee

• 87 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hello Wes,

We are pleased to announce the release of updates to the RightSignature web application for the month of August 2017. The following features and improvements were released at various points in August with the latest release on August 31st.

Users can now set a particular date format within ShareFile and the RightSignature application will respect that selection. 

Simply by logging into the settings area withinShareFile and selecting a default date format, RightSignature will respect that selection within our application!

Please check the following link for additional information

https://community.sharefilesupport.com/citrixsharefile/topics/release-notes-rightsignature-august-20...

Thank you for your time

Marques Deane

Photo of Wes Heywood

Wes Heywood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Marques

Unfortunately this is not the case. 

I have my settings set correctly for my local time zone within Sharefile, however a document requiring a date to be completed within RightSignature only displays the American date format of mm/dd/yyyy.

We are not able to use RightSignature because of this. 
Photo of Padraig

Padraig

• 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I had the same problem (Ireland) and Support told me it was something that was essentially hard-coded into RightSignature. There are sort of workarounds like adding a text box for the client/user to input the date but this is not really very practical.
It also leaves a bad impression that somehow or other the only "correct" date format is the US format when in Europe and obviously in Australia dd-mm-yyyy is the usual method and using the US format leads to great confusion e.g 10-03-18 could mean either  3rd October (US format) or 10th March (Europe and Australia).
I too had to give up on RightSignature because of this and also because of the inability to ensure that links to documents were always  password protected.
Photo of Wes Heywood

Wes Heywood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Padraig. I feel i was simply brushed off by support. This is how it is, deal with it.

Also struggling to find any support from Citrix in Australia to push for this to be fixed.

Photo of Marques Deane

Marques Deane, Employee

• 87 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Wes/Padraig,

Sorry to hear of the issues you been having. I will get more of a clarification of this once and for all. Give me sometime to discuss with some internal resources here at Citrix.

Thanks for your time

Marques Deane
Photo of Wes Heywood

Wes Heywood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Marques that would be greatly appreciated.
Photo of Marques Deane

Marques Deane, Employee

• 87 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Wes/Padraig,

I did confirm, unfortunately the product does not allow the date standard to be in the format that is dd-mm-yyyy. I am checking to see if this can be done in a future release/enhancement.

Sorry I don't have better news

Thanks,

Marques Deane
Photo of Wes Heywood

Wes Heywood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Marques. I want to get the use of RightSignature up and going and don't want to look at alternatives. We really like Sharefile.