RightSignature - Tradegecko Customer Transfer Information

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
I just signed up for Tradegeck which is an inventory management and order management for SKU based products.  We work with a lot of retailers and as we get new retailers, we need them to sign a contract with information about their company (Address, Tax number, contact info, and so on).  I want to have them fill out the contract/form on RightSignatures page as normal and when they submit, I would love for the information to be automatically added to their contact or create a contact if it doesn't exist.  Can this be done?  Their API documentation is lacking a little information that makes me feel confident this is possible and don't want to send my developer on a wild goose chase if it can't even happen.
Photo of Brandegee Pierce

Brandegee Pierce

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Vikas

Vikas, Software Engineer

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Brandegee,

For a completed document on RightSignature, only merge fields' data can be accessed via API but not other values. And these merge fields are actually filled by the sender of the document. So, if you want to access the data filled by the signer of the document then currently its not possible.
Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you need more help on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikas

Brandegee Pierce

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This what I gathered from the API documentation I saw.  Just curious, what is a merge field?
Photo of Vikas

Vikas, Software Engineer

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Merge field is something which the sender of the document fills before sending the document. This might not fit your requirement because you want to extract details provided by the signer of the document.

Brandegee Pierce

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, I know what they are.  I wasn't sure in Signature related stuff, but it makes sense.

Thank you.  I will probably have to use something different until RightSignature develops its API a little further.