sending_requests without the need for emails?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
We currently use the Reusable Templates workflow for creating documents and getting the signer to come to our site and complete the document via an iframe. This works really well as the user can stay on one site without the need for emails. When we create this document, we omit the `signer_email` from the role dictionary so they don't get unwanted emails also.

The problem we have is that we now need to start customising these documents quite a lot, so we plan to use the Sending Requests workflow by creating a custom PDF on the fly and getting the user to sign this. We can't seem to stop this from emailing the signer though. Even if we get the document after it has been created via the API, and show the user an iframe of their contract, they still must verify that they own the given email account. It's not possible to omit the `signer_email` from the roles in this workflow.

Why is the Sending Requests workflow so different to the Reusable Templates workflow? Is there a way around sending/verifying emails? I know old RightSignature let you use a special email address, but I can't find any documentation as to what this is or whether it is still supported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Photo of Gavin O'Connor

Gavin O'Connor

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Gavin O'Connor

Gavin O'Connor

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still no updates RightSignature?

I was sent here from customer support as you no longer have a dedicated API support any more. And there is no answer from here either.
Photo of David

David

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I know, it's complete bull that it's impossible to get answers. No dedicated support yet there is no way to get answers on anything.
Photo of Gavin O'Connor

Gavin O'Connor

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have also tried using the special email address of `noemail@rightsignature.com` which I believe used to work in the old version of RightSignature. This seems to no longer work.
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still nothing? We are having a similar issue, maybe? We don't want a "confirm email address" email sent. What makes this worse is that not every user gets it, just some of them are asked to come back to the site and verify their email address...which of course they never do and the whole process gets hosed.
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
As their support falls a part, it is probably time to jump ship and find another company to handle e-signatures? Anyone here have a favorite? Thanks
Photo of Saravanan Kannan

Saravanan Kannan, Software Engineer

• 67 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Gavin,

Sending Request is similar to send for signature workflow but through public API. We do not have the support for noemail@rightsignature.com in our newer version of the product. We assume since a document is initiated, it needs to send the email to the signer. Please place a feature request if you want to skip sending emails on sending requests.

If we get more interests/asks on this same feature, we will consider for implementation.

Thanks
Photo of Gavin O'Connor

Gavin O'Connor

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How does one create a feature request? I see a couple of people wanting this same feature on this thread, and other threads posted recently.