setting up client login on website 401 unauthorized

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
My client contacted Citrix about how to set up a login on the website. Essentially it is an iframe embed that was provided. Now apparently the login is working for their clients, but when I inspect the page I see these 401 errors

Is this something that sharefile needs to change in their information or is this an authorization issue where some code needs to be implemented to authorize the embed on the site. They have provided the API for it, but I'm not sure that is what is needed for this. Authorization

Thank you.
Jeremy
Photo of Jeremy Leroux

Jeremy Leroux

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Eliezer Encarnacion

Eliezer Encarnacion, Official Rep

• 696 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy,

Requests to the ShareFile API need to have proper authorization credentials in the form of Bearer tokens included in the header (http://api.sharefile.com/rest/oauth2.aspx). Without more context on what this app is doing, looks like the code used to make those calls needs to be properly updated to use the expected authentication values.

Thanks,
Eli
Photo of Jeremy Leroux

Jeremy Leroux

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Eli, thank you I get most of that. I have two places where I can place that authorization.

this is the iframe that my client was provided by citrix.

or alternatively 

Within the custom code in header for the entire site? 

I have the API including client secret

what is the propper syntax of the code needed? 

The only thing that is being done is the login embed is taking people with their login credentials
directly to the citrix sharefile web app. 

Nothing else is being accessed by the site. 

This is the login form

Hopefully, this helps give the context you need. 

• 696 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
So this is not using the ShareFile API directly, but instead embedding the web application in an iframe and trying to access it there?
Photo of Jeremy Leroux

Jeremy Leroux

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Eli

Yes, this was the solution that Citrix gave my client when they asked what their options were.  Apparently, it still is working for their clients properly, but I don't like seeing a 401 error in the console.  It seems there is an older authorization probably given to the previous site it was hosted on. But the domain is still the same. The site is built on a completely different platform though. 

thank you
Jeremy

• 696 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
Understood. Unfortunately, none of the developers on the "ShareFile API" section of the comment can really comment on this solution since it's not use of the API in terms of custom code by a third party developer.. We can leave this post here or you could contact Support through phone or email to see whether this solution is something still supported today, and how to address the 401 errors.

Best,
Eli
Photo of Jeremy Leroux

Jeremy Leroux

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Eli, will give support a call
Photo of lucybill

lucybill

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Among the various 1Y0-401 dumps providers, (VceTests) is the premier and an authorized 1Y0-401 Exam dumps provider which offers best 1Y0-401 Questions Answers for Citrix Certified Expert Virtualization candidates. Here all 1Y0-401 Exam Questions are approved by the team of Industrial experts. Pass your Citrix Certified Expert Virtualization Exam with our valid Citrix Certified Expert Virtualization 1Y0-401 dumps in the first shot. https://www.vcetests.com/1Y0-401-vce.html