Shared Folder Delivery Options - Uploaded Files being delivered to a shared folder until user logs out of Outlook Plugin

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Shared Folders - Uploaded Files are configured to be delivered to a shared folder until user is logged out of Outlook Plugin, then delivery options defaults back to being delivered to FileBox
Photo of Wil M

Wil M

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Douglas Goodman

Douglas Goodman, Sr. Software Engineer

• 105 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Wil - There was an issue affecting saved options that has been addressed in the latest release. Please upgrade to Citrix Files for Outlook 6.3, or contact your admin for an upgrade.

Thanks,
Doug
Photo of Wil M

Wil M

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Doug,

So, we are actually running Citrix for Outlook v6.3.17.0 already and the issue still exists.  I am part of the admin team at our company and we are having this issue with all users we set up to use this feature.  We configuring things correctly we believe.  Basically what we are doing is going into a users Outlook Add-in options and under Requesting Files we edit the Upload Location to a shared or personal folder for others to view.  And again it works fine until a user logs out or is logged out by the system.  The problem is that the the upload location is set back to Filebox after said user logs back in.

Thanks again for your assistance with this!

Wil

Photo of Douglas Goodman

• 105 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Wil - Thanks for the info. I misunderstood and thought it was another bug that we already addressed.

What you describe is expected behavior. If a user manually logs out, the settings are cleared, including the request target folder. When the user logs in again, that folder settings must be set again.

However, If a token expires or is revoked, the user must log in again, but in that case, the user's settings should be restored, including request target folder.

Just curious - what is the reason behind the logouts? Switching accounts?

We clear settings on logout as a security precaution and to ensure settings aren't picked up and used by the next user account that logs in.

Any change to this behavior would be a feature request.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Doug
Photo of Wil M

Wil M

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the info!

The users are not logging out manually, so must be the expired token but when they log back  in they have to reset the upload location after they log in because it defaults back to FileBox.  I had logged myself out and back in just to see if I could duplicate the issue but as you stated this is expected.

I understand that manually logging out will clear the settings, this is not what the end users are doing but they are still losing the Upload Location for some reason as if they did log out manually.

Thanks,
Wil

Photo of Douglas Goodman

• 105 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
What is the token reauthentication period setting for your account? Are you using SAML SSO?

If a token expires and the user is forced to log in again, the plug-in should reapply the settings so you should not see the setting go back to the File Box.

Would you be willing to provide a log file so we can take a look at the exact events?

log.txt is located here: C:\Users\{{username}}\AppData\Roaming\Citrix\Citrix Files for Outlook

Please upload it here: https://citrix.sharefile.com/r-r1e2660ef3e44a4bb

Thanks,
Doug