Sharefile Logon is not possible

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Sharefile does not work today, no user can logon... Error user and password are incorect, but the user and password are correct
Photo of gigi

gigi

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Ronald de Reus

Ronald de Reus

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Citrix sent yesterday this mail
 Dear ShareFile Administrator,

We are proactively implementing new authentication methods to reduce risk to user accounts. We are reaching out to let you know that we are requiring a password reset for all non-SSO Citrix ShareFile (aka Citrix Content Collaboration) accounts. Upon logging into ShareFile, users will be required to change their password. They will receive an email providing a link to reset their password. If they cannot find that email, they can request the email again by clicking on the Forgot Password link from the login page. For help resetting passwords, visit the support page.

If you have disabled the ability for users to reset their passwords, their current password is no longer valid and you will need to reset your end users’ password.

We strongly recommend the use of unique and complex passwords, as well as multi-factor authentication. Users can find more information on managing their access at the following links: password management, multi-factor authentication, and security settings.

We continue to take steps to help you use our solutions securely and hope this information is useful to you. If you have any questions regarding this issue, please contact us at https://support.citrix.com/cscase#/ or call 1-800-441-3453.

Sincerely,
The Citrix ShareFile and Content Collaboration Team
Photo of M Stevens

M Stevens

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is more here than meets the eye. I am going to have to rethink how much trust a place in systems administrators who do not communicate well about the reasons for drastic actions such as global password resets.  I would like a better explanation of the triggering events.
Photo of Jaco Vandenberg

Jaco Vandenberg

• 2 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Never received that mail ... 
Photo of Lisa Marshall

Lisa Marshall

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Neither did we and I have reset my password and now that new one is not working
Photo of Lukas

Lukas

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Some of our Users got this mail, others (including me, the admin) did not get it
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Clear browser cache or use a different browser. 
Photo of Jaco Vandenberg

Jaco Vandenberg

• 2 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
This really pisses me of, on multiple Sharefile tenants we never received that mail.
How can they be so careless. This is so very annoying !
Thanks for posting Ronald, glad someone at lest takes the effort to communicate about this fuck-up !
Photo of gigi

gigi

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
The mail i never got....
Photo of Arnout

Arnout

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I received that same e-mail. None of my users can login, and i cannot get pass the screen that show the loading sign. So i can login but cannot enter ShareFile. 
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Try the sharefile website. I was just able to change mine and help a user change theirs. 
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Gigi,

Please refer to http://status.sharefile.com/ and https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX208278 for further information.
Photo of Tracey Miles

Tracey Miles

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Did not receive the mail either.  Trying to reset the password and it does not send the email.  Very frustrating.  I was not able to receive an email from the Sharefile website either.  

Photo of Marc Kravitz

Marc Kravitz

• 67 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Is anyone having trouble with SSO authentication as well?
Photo of Lukas

Lukas

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
No Problems here - we could reset the Passwords via SSO login
Photo of CGM

CGM

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
We didn't get the email either. Not the best timing making this change on a Saturday. Some of our SSO users received the email to change their passwords. That can't be right, right?

Overall, this is confusing for end users and frustrating for administrators.
Photo of Khan Whang

Khan Whang

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would like to know why some of our SSO users received the email. Is it because they exist in another tenant's Sharefile as a client? They're definitely not in our Sharefile account as a client.
Photo of Ross Bender

Ross Bender

• 66 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
For what it's worth, we heard from our account rep with the following:
Citrix ShareFile was not breached – this was done as a safeguard due to anomalous activity on a small percentage of accounts.  Users using Single Sign-on do not require any action.  Customers who may have been affected were notified separate of the notification of the security action.  We have notified administrators of all accounts that have been affected.  If you have not received an email or ShareFile notification of an incident, then we do not have any indication that your accounts have been affected.
All customers should have been communicated. Citrix did not handle this well in my opinion.
Photo of Lukas

Lukas

• 14 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Not well? The mail they sent looked like spam so that nearly everyone who got it called the Hotline. Admins have not been informed about this issue/mail