ShareFile Web cannot update any info and PATCH request returns 12152 status

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago

I was, at first, trying to rename a file by calling the ShareFile API which I received 12152 status code and failed to rename it. The call works before this without any changes except the file name. I am working with VBA in Ms Excel 2007 and using MSXML2.XMLHTTP to make the request. All other requests are working fine except the PATCH call to rename. 

I then tried to rename the file directly on ShareFile Web and it is taking forever to load after I typed in the new name and click "Save". I tried to modify the Notes for a file as well but it has the same result. Any advices/ clarifications from your side are greatly appreciated.

Photo of KarKeng Chan

KarKeng Chan

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of KarKeng Chan

KarKeng Chan

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

This is what I get from IE, the PATCH request has been pending for more than 5 minutes.
Photo of Nick Nicholls

Nick Nicholls, Employee

• 21 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Is it still slow? We were experiencing high load yesterday that was causing some timeouts and delays.

Thanks,
Nick
Photo of KarKeng Chan

KarKeng Chan

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

It seems like EVERY PATCH call is unsuccessful from my work place. I could not perform any value update including

• renaming,
  • modifying added notes,
  • and even completing an approval workflow

May you aid in identifying the root cause of such major issue?

Photo of Nick Nicholls

Nick Nicholls, Employee

• 21 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
This doesn't help fix webapp, but in your VBA scripts you can try changing it to a POST and add the header "X-HTTP-Method-Override: PATCH"

So it would look like:

POST /sf/v3/Items(<itemId>)
X-HTTP-Method-Override: PATCH

<body>

Photo of KarKeng Chan

KarKeng Chan

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the advice.