Sharing Apple's Aperture Files over ShareFile

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Not sure whether this is an idea or a question, but i would love to be able to share Aperture Files over your system so that my group can work on those files together.  I have tried uploading those files and they do not seem to work well or consistently.  
Can you tell me why they do not work or if you are working on integrating Aperture into your system.  Thanks. 
Camm
Photo of Camm Morton

Camm Morton

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sorry

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ashlee Burch

Ashlee Burch

• 676 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Camm,
Thanks for your question.  What errors are you running into when trying to upload the Aperture files? The web application shouldn't discriminate between file types for basic upload and download purposes. So I would be interested to see what error you get when trying to do so. Are you able to post a screen shot of an example?

Photo of Camm Morton

Camm Morton

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ashlee,
Thanks for your quick response.  Unfortunately I just erased all the files in order to try it again.  I will do so today and get back to you with some screen shots.  This would be really big if we can resolve.  Thanks. 

Photo of Ashlee Burch

Ashlee Burch

• 676 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Great! I'll be happy to help you when we get that info!
Photo of Camm Morton

Camm Morton

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ashlee,
OK so I started all over again.  The first thing I tried to do was choose the file and that gave me the same thing as dragging and dropping.  The first is a grab from your site showing a file size of .4 KB.  The second is the file on my computer showing 818.9 MB.  Obviously something wrong there.  
The next thing I tried was putting it into my synced ShareFile Folder and letting it sync.  Here it is in the ShareFile sync Folder.  Can you tell me what the red circle means.  
When the app does the uploading, this is how it looks online on your site as first a folder and then inside the folder.  Note that the size is about right. A few megabytes short but close.  

So you should have 5 jpg attachments.  Not sure I can send that many so if you need for me to do it differently, let me know.
Thanks for the help. 
Camm

Photo of Ashlee Burch

Ashlee Burch

• 676 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Camm,

None of the screen shots came through unfortunately. So with the web application, did the file upload at all? If it did, and you downloaded it again, was it able to be opened on your computer? Within the Sync program on your local system the red icon will point to an error when trying to upload the file, the sync logs on that program may be able to give more insight on why there was an issue with it. Another question I have, is the Aperture program open on your computer when you are trying to upload these files to ShareFile?

I can definitely inquire with my Product Management team and see if there are any known issues that we have come across with Aperture compatibility.

Thank you for your reply and I will get you some more information on this.

Photo of Camm Morton

Camm Morton

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I will check the sync logs.  The Aperture program was not open.  I will send the 5 files 1 at a time.  Maybe that will work.
Photo of Camm Morton

Camm Morton

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
File 2
Photo of Camm Morton

Camm Morton

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
1 again.  I think I did it wrong
Photo of Camm Morton

Camm Morton

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
number 3
Photo of Camm Morton

Camm Morton

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Number 4
Photo of Camm Morton

Camm Morton

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Number 5

Photo of Ashlee Burch

Ashlee Burch

• 676 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

In picture number 1, did that upload ever complete for you? I'm not finding any related issues with Aperture files in our bug tickets, so it may just be a matter of figuring out why it is giving you an error when you try to upload and not an overall non-compatibility with the software. Specifically, with the web application are you able to complete an upload with one of those files? I don't have a sample one to test with but I may need to reach out to you on Monday to do a screen share so that we can reproduce the issue in real time.

I will email you on Monday outside of the Community so that we can set something up.

Thanks again for all the info!