Starting today Desktop App for Mac users need to upgrade to Citrix Files for Mac

• Announcement
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • (Edited)
As we have previously discussed on this forum, in blog posts, and directly via emails; we are on the path to unifying our desktop portfolio from multiple apps down to one single app, Citrix Files for Windows / Mac. Sadly, we have just discovered, that we need to begin this process a few days early. Today we identified that our Desktop App for Mac is no longer functioning and will require users to upgrade to the Citrix Files for Mac app effective immediately. You can do so by downloading the app directly from https://dl.sharefile.com/cfmac.  

Upgrade information

To help ease the burden of learning a new app on the fly, we have created a few knowledge base articles to help.

Additional details

A digital certificate bundled with the Desktop App for Mac has expired recently. macOS prevents apps with expired certificates from launching. We had automatic upgrade of Desktop App for Mac users to Citrix Files for Mac scheduled for next week.  Unfortunately, with the Desktop app in this condition a manual update is required.  We do not plan to issue an immediate update to ShareFile Desktop for Mac to address this issue.  This is because we were scheduled to begin the automatic upgrade to Citrix Files next week. By installing Citrix Files for Mac, the old ShareFile for Desktop app will be removed automatically so no additional action will be needed. 

We deeply apologize for this inconvenience.
Photo of Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson

• 373 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Adam Vincens

Adam Vincens

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Chris,  As far as the forced early upgrade, it is so far working as I would expect, but what should I do with the old locked "Sharefile" folder in my user home directory that has some selected folders synced to my Mac for off-line access?  The link seems to be dead as new workflows in Sharefile online or in the Citrix Files Mac app do not appear in the "Old" ShareFile directory.  Can this be safely deleted? As mine is currently occupying 40+ GB of storage.