SyncEngine takes up 200-250% of my CPU time, on MacBook Pro with 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 when not syncing

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
For the last few months I had severe issues with my MacBook Pro 15" retina display (it would get very hot and the battery life reduced from 8h to <1h) when it is idle. I have been working with Apple to get to the bottom of it, and we have never been able to resolve this. One thing I noticed is that SyncEngine (from the Sharefile app) takes up 200-250% of my CPU time, even when syncing is disabled. This could explain the power drain. Has anyone else observed such an issue? For now, I am going to uninstall the Sharefile app and see whether this fixes my issue.
Photo of Lars Kurth

Lars Kurth

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Odofoley Oquaye

Odofoley Oquaye

• 212 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Lars,

Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention, here in the Community.  It appears that this is a known issue and our engineers are working to determine the cause so that an appropriate fix can be deployed as soon as possible.  Please feel free to follow this thread to check on the status of this case.  Thank you!
Photo of Lars Kurth

Lars Kurth

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The power issue on my mac has actually disappeared since I uninstalled the app. 
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Just to add to this all our Mac users are also experiencing > 100% cpu usage by the syncengine process which is running the computers very hot.
Logs have been provided to sharefile support but the issue has not been identified yet.
All are running the latest sync client.
Photo of Odofoley Oquaye

Odofoley Oquaye

• 212 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thank you for the follow up, Andrew.  Currently, the issue has yet to be marked as resolved as our engineers continue to work on this.  
Photo of Tom Holliday

Tom Holliday

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have been having the same issue with cpu usage with sync engine on mac.  I let it sync until the cpu usage goes up and then shut down the sync app.  A solution from your engineers would be most appreciated as this is will below expectations for a Citrix product.  - Thanks!
Photo of Matt Williams

Matt Williams

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

I realize im randomly replying to this thread here, but we're experiencing the same problem- anywhere other than the thread here that we can monitor to find updates on this?
Photo of Joao Nuno

Joao Nuno

• 1 Post
  • 4 Reply Likes
This thread was open 7 months ago and still no fix from Citrix's engineers??!!!! how much longer do we have to wait?
Photo of Westin Hatch

Westin Hatch

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Citrix, any update? I've been dealing with this problem for months and depend on this sync to collaborate with me team. Because it's broken, I just don't use it and end up sending and receiving files over email. This is ridiculous considering that my company is spending good money on this product. Fix it!!!
Photo of Mathis Stöbe

Mathis Stöbe

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This issue is still not fixed. I am seeing 220% cpu time for a non-syncing share file sync client on macOS 10.12.6 and sync client 2.9.111.0.
hot machine for nothing. now get this fixed. thank you.
Photo of Tom Holliday

Tom Holliday

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I had this same problem 3 years ago and stopped using ShareFile for Mac because of it.  You can still see my prior post on this page.  Today I bought a Mac mini and installed ShareFile. At first I was surprised to find ShareFile still using between 130% and 230% CPU, but it turned out that was only while it was syncing (which took a long time because there was a ton of data). But now after being fully synced it has quieted down to anywhere from 1% to 30%. So I will monitor it and see how things go from here.  I'm running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2 and ShareFile Sync Client 3.0.150.1. 
(Edited)
Photo of Jill Rachele Stucker

Jill Rachele Stucker

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
STILL NOT FIXED! I can't keep a battery charge and my Macbook is so hot to the touch it hurts. The Macbook is only a few months old and when the Citrix Files app is disabled the problems disappear. Unfortunately, ALL of our companies' files live on ShareFile, so it is in use at all times.