Templates with predefined permissions and notifications

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
I am an IT consultant and I work for a variety of clients with their own clientele base. For one specific company, each of the Company Account Reps handle well over 100 of their own accounts, and each account has multiple locations (we are well into the thousands of folders here...) The ability to use Sharefile to replicate a folder structures/templates with already-set or predefined permissions and notifications would allow an easy transition to making Sharefile a company/customer interface with auto notifications during the progress of projects or work orders with minimal maintenance.

This is the structure I had developed in accordance to a customer's work flow. The main focus is on Project Management with automated notifications to involve the appropriate parties as the project progresses.

-Company
--Division
---Work Type
----Customer (template)
-----Site (sub template)
------Year/Project (each sub folder has custom AR, employee, vendor, consultant attributes)
-------1. Project folder (custom up/down permissions and relevant notifications)
-------2. Project folder (custom up/down permissions and relevant notifications)
-------3. Project folder (custom up/down permissions and relevant notifications)
-------4. Project folder (custom up/down permissions and relevant notifications)
-------5. Project folder (custom up/down permissions and relevant notifications)
-------6. Project folder (custom up/down permissions and relevant notifications)
-------7. Project folder (custom up/down permissions and relevant notifications)
-------8. Project folder (custom up/down permissions and relevant notifications)

This would provide extensive automation. Any Sharefile customer would be able to re-implement this countless times as this has huge dividends with minimal interaction necessary after the base setup has been completed.

Upon project completion, we copy the Customer or Site folder and move this into a replica of the folder structure on the customer file server. Archiving achieved! This also is great to keep track, milestones, large focal points, and key involvement.

Let’s get some LIKEs on this!!!

Photo of Brandon

Brandon

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • enthusiastic!!!

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of len raphael

len raphael

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
even in my small cpa biz just setting up new clients is very time consuming because for the same reason: need to be able to set permissions at the template level so don't have to set them folder by folder for subfolders that I don't want to inherit from parent folders.