The reminder for “xxxx” will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn’t support reminders. Is this ok?"

• Problem
  • Updated 6 days ago
Upgraded from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016. Citrix Files for Outlook 6.1.1949.0. When a user create a new appointment (double click in the calendar). The user saves the appointment. When the user expand the time dragging the endtime Outlook comes with the "The reminder for “xxxx” will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn’t support reminders.  Is this ok?""message. When the Citrix Files for Outlook addin is disabled the message don't appear. Is this a bug?  
Photo of Hans Hegeman

Hans Hegeman

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Anthony Price

Anthony Price, Quality Engineer / Release Manager

• 88 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Hi Hans, 

I'm on the Engineering team that works on Citrix Files for Outlook (formerly ShareFile Outlook Plug-in). 

I've had the Outlook Plug-in installed and send new appointments / meetings often and I've never seen this message. Do you mind sending a screenshot or more information?

Have you tried an Office Repair after the update from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016?

Thanks!  
Photo of Hans Hegeman

Hans Hegeman

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Uninstalled Office 2010 and installed Office 2016. Citrix XenApp 7.15 environment on Windows 2008 R2. Also tested with the latest plugin (6.2.x) and the problem still exists. It appears when you make an appointment for yourself. Save the appointment and drag the endtime. 
Photo of Anthony Price

Anthony Price, Quality Engineer / Release Manager

• 88 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Hi Hans, 

I tested this and was able to drag an Appointment up and down to change the time of the event.

What type of account are you attempting to create the Calendar event with? I performed a Google search for "The reminder for “xxxx” will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn’t support reminders.  Is this ok?" (that you posted above) and found a number of articles referring to this error with an iCloud calendar. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8236181

Do you have an iCloud calendar or iCloud plug-in installed with Outlook?

Thanks. 
(Edited)
Photo of Hans Hegeman

Hans Hegeman

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Anthony,

No iCloud calendar of iCloud plugin installed. If I disable the Citrix Files for Outlook plugin it works fine.If I enable the plugin the problem is there again.