Unable to acquire an access token using the 'authorization_code' grant_type

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
As I stated in my previous post, during the authentication flow, when trying to exchange the code I received for an access & refresh token, I got the following error: "error":"server_error","error_description":"unable to generate token". One of your colleagues informed me that it's a known issue on your backend, making the database call to expire the authorization code during the exchange process. As this issue reoccurs periodically, i would like to find out if you managed to open a ticket and/or find a workaround to this issue? Would the 'password_grant' method be a viable alternative in order to avoid this situation? 

Photo of Alexandra Stratu

Alexandra Stratu

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Pratik Somanagoudar

Pratik Somanagoudar, Employee

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Alexandra,

Sorry to hear that you are still facing issues. In order to expedite your request it would be better if you could share details of the account that you are using. We would like to know the subdomain (<yourSubdomain>.sharefile.com) and the client Id that you are currently using to make this request. You can go ahead and upload this information on this link https://pratiksomanagoudar.sharefile.com/r-r5e27d93167847739

Looking forward to resolving this issue asap.

Thanks
Pratik S

Alexandra Stratu

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Pratik,

Nitin has shared with you his credentials and I was wondering if that helped you locate the issue and find a solution or a workaround to it! I know you have a lot of threads on the forum to answer, but this issue is impacting us a lot, so it would be much appreciated if you could give me at least an update regarding it! 

Thank you in advance! 

Best regards,
Alexandra
Photo of Nintex Nitin

Nintex Nitin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Pratik,

I have uploaded App details.txt which includes Subdomain and client id.

Thanks,
Nitin

Alexandra Stratu

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Pratik, 

Are there any updates regarding this issue?

Thank you! 

Best regards,
Alexandra
Photo of Binod Thakur

Binod Thakur

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
https://<company_name>.sharefil...;

To acquire an access_token grant_type should be password,

Just try with the above URL format.

Regards,
Binod

(Edited)

Alexandra Stratu

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Binod, 

Thank you for your answer! Actually, we have sent the app details to Pratik and I was wondering if that helped identify the error that occurs when using the 'authorization_code' grant_type and may be find a workaround to it? 

Best, 
Alexandra