Unable to install Enterprise Sync Manager 1.4.1 - Expired Installer

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
6/4/2018

I am trying to support a long term ShareFile client who is having an issue with their ShareFile Enterprise Sync Manager.

To make sure they had the latest version, I attempted to upgrade ShareFile Enterprise Sync Manager to Installed Latest (Last) Version 1.4.1

Received this error about expired certificate:

The application cannot be installed due to a certificate
problem. The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid. Please contact the application author.

As a result I am prevented from installing. (See screen shot)

Please advise.

Thank you.
Photo of Eric

Eric

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Anything? I thought Citrix Support wanted us to post in the forums because they monitor them?This is for a paying customer. One week is a long time to be down.
Should I look for another vendor solution?
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Employee

• 80 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Eric,

My apologies for the delay.

When installing Enterprise Sync Manager 1.4.1, any previous version of the tool needs to be uninstalled. Can you please check if thats the case, and if so, uninstall the previous version and try installing 1.4.1 again? Please do remember to save the DB file before uninstalling the old version, and copy it manually to the right path after new version is installed, if you need to preserve the jobs and configuration. You can also reach out to the customer care team, who can provide you with a script that can automate this process. 

Additionally, as the support article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX207728 highlights, please note that Enterprise Sync is a deprecated tool, and for security, performance and capability reasons, we recommend that you migrate to using newer tools and evaluate them see if your use cases are addressed by it. 

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Better late than never. I had only begun to look for alternative providers.

I will follow the steps you offered. I have a question: You mention that he Enterprise Sync Manager has been deprecated. We have been using this tool successfully for years on a Windows 2012 Server to accomplish 2-way sync. I see the recommended tool is "ShareFile Sync for Windows". Can we use that tool on the server to accomplish a two-way sync  as we had been doing?
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Employee

• 80 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Eric,

Yes its deprecated, and at this point in time we are not preventing customers to use this tool. This is to allow them time to evaluate other tools for their needs and migrate to a suitable one. Its currently working, but there is no guarantee that it would continue to work.

Regarding your question on two way sync, can you clarify exactly from where to ShareFile are you trying a two way Sync?

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi 
Photo of Eric

Eric

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We sync entire directories on our Windows 2012 Server with Sharefile so that our employees can access files either on the server in-house or from the cloud when mobile. This sync between our server and cloud is 2-way. Then, the users sync down to their PCs and back up. Also, they can choose which cloud-based files to share with clients outside of our company.
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Employee

• 80 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Not sure if this works for you, but can you fully migrate the entire content on to ShareFile once, and then install offline or on demand apps - ShareFile Sync or Drive Mapper or Citrix Files on the PCs of the users so that they can access, share and work on it as needed. This would also prevent the redundant storage cost you are incurring by keeping copies on the server as well as ShareFile. Additionally you don't have to wait for schedule jobs to keep these copies in Sync. That way the users would get the latest changes happening on the shared files way quicker than it is today.

Alternatively you can keep the content as is and configure it as a network share connector, so as to access it from PCs and share it outside with clients. 

I will have some one from Support/Product Management team reach out you and assist with your use case and migration queries, if you would like. 

Cheers
Prabhat Tyagi 
(Edited)
Photo of Eric

Eric

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We have been satisfied with the service thus far and it has met our needs. We'd like to keep something similar to what we have already proven works for us. Please do have someone reach out by email as we need to decide whether to stay with ShareFile or leave. You have my email.
Photo of Prabhat Tyagi

Prabhat Tyagi, Employee

• 80 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Sure, will do Eric.